Senior Data Analyst
Redwood City, CA
Poshmark, Inc. seeks a Senior Data Analyst in Redwood City, CA.
Are you the type of person who feels they could solve any problem if they just had the right data? Are you curious by nature? We are seeking a strong analyst to help us better understand and manage the Poshmark business through rigorous data analysis and insights.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong business mindset for approaching problems and have technical skills in data extraction and manipulation. This is the perfect opportunity for someone with 2+years of experience to gain valuable knowledge and drive decisions at a high-growth, mobile commerce company.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and key metrics to measure performance.
- Partner with the business team(s) to understand their needs and independently work on a variety of analytics projects focused on delivering insights, dashboards, and custom reports to drive a variety of decisions across the user lifecycle.
- Extract required data from internal systems, lead analytics projects, and monitor key trends in relevant metrics.
- Perform extensive quality assurance on data to ensure the quality of data.
- Follow the standard process for reporting any issues identified and work with Data team to close the data issues.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities through systematic and rigorous measurement and analysis.
- Maintain documentation to ensure inventory of all key findings and growth opportunities.
- Identify the right metrics needed to appropriately manage the business, and work with Data Engineering team to implement the data collection needed.
- Identify the opportunities for automated monitoring and work with engineering team to get the automation implemented.
Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology and Management, or closely related field of study and 2 years of experience in job offered or alternate occupation of Analyst (any level), Marketing Analyst, Marketing Data Analyst, Data Analyst, Computer System Analyst, or closely related occupation.
Two (2) years of experience in:
- expert SQL; Python; Google spreadsheet; MS Excel; statistical hypothesis testing; regression analysis; Looker; Pyspark.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs