Staff Software Engineer, Big Data - Data Core
San Francisco, CA, United States
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The Data Access team provides cutting edge data management and segmentation solutions to our customers at petabyte scale. We are now evolving our system to the next level for both batch and real-time use cases on a modern stack. You will immediately have an impact in solving our most challenging problems.
- Work on a massively scalable data management system that performs stateful operations on petabytes of data and real time segmentation with accurate counts for people-based marketing. If you enjoy advanced query processing engines, indexing strategies, and database engines in general, this could be a fit.
- Tackle challenging problems such as implementing SOA and Kubernetes at scale, reliably coordinating thousands of batch jobs per day, and overhauling our data tier on GCP and beyond.
- Own product features from the development phase through to production deployment.
- Evaluate big data technologies and prototype solutions to improve our data processing architecture.
Your team will:
- Provide data management and segmentation capabilities to our internal and external customers.
- Rearchitect legacy systems and solidify our next gen architecture as we move to support batch and real-time use cases.
- Discover and deliver innovative solutions to our customers’ most difficult challenges at mind-boggling scale.
- 5+ years of experience writing and deploying production code of which at least 2+ years’ experience is working on a Big Data platform
- Experience with data processing platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig
- Deep understanding of large-scale data processing systems
- Solid programming skills in Java or Scala
- Understanding of automated QA needs related to Big data
- Experience with Cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field
- Spring Boot
- Stream processing - Spark streaming, Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Flink
- Search indexing such as Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Elasticsearch
- Modern datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak, Azure Cosmos DB, Aerospike
- Experience as a formal tech lead
- Designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large volume services and RESTful APIs
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, remote work opportunities, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- Remote Work Support: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs