Senior People Data Analyst (PowerBI)
Western DigitalWestern Digital has the best Mac and PC compatible digital storage solutions plus FREE shipping, friendly customer support, and a 30 day return policy.
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
Do you love working with people and data? We are looking for a highly collaborative individual who is passionate about being part of a world-class People Analytics team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who believes in the power of inclusion and is enthusiastic about bringing an organization’s people data to life. The People Data Analyst will work closely with HR and business leaders to deliver insights based on quantitative and qualitative data that strengthens data-driven decision-making and evolves a culture of growth and innovation.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, are looking to be a part of a team that is developing exciting new processes, and you are eager to take on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm, then this could be an exciting opportunity for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with HR team members, leaders, and stakeholders across Western Digital to develop a deep understanding of current and emerging HR use cases and challenges, identify priorities for research and execute impactful research projects.
- Provide strategic support to the Human Resources function in the areas of people data, metrics, and reporting.
- Creates, maintains, and ensures quality assurance of key people data sets, reports, and metrics.
- Designs and implements self-service reporting tools and data management that reflects the complexity of the business
- Designs and implements dashboards that present data in a meaningful and actionable framework for leadership.
- Design, build and deploy the analytical/ BI reports like People Insights & Collaboration using enterprise-level tools and technologies.
- Connect and analyze multiple sources of organizational data to provide actionable insights on HR strategies
- Responsible for analyzing and visualizing the various domain-specific data.
- Provide subject matter expertise and advice on People analytics topics and data collection
- Communicate research findings to HR groups and senior leaders relating findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Present research insights both internally and outside the organization to become a thought leader in this space
- Collaborate with People Analytics and IT team members to access data and explain data requirements
- Producing the weekly, monthly, and quarterly scheduled reports, including Executive Management Information and Workforce Metrics, in an accurate and timely manner
- Supporting the effort of data integrity and data governance
- Demonstrate ethics and judgment when dealing with confidential data and research with underrepresented communities
- Stay current on research and best practices, summarizing findings and recommendations for enhancing current processes and practices
- 8-10 years of professional-level work experience with an emphasis on HR and People Analytics Deep subject-matter expertise in HR domain, and/or closely related areas.
- Expertise on migrating tableau dashboards to PowerBI. Enable all tableau features while converting to PowerBI.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to build strong relationships within an organization
- Comfortable presenting information and ideas to HR and Business Leaders
- Advanced SQL Knowledge ( Oracle, Teradata )
- Working experience and/or familiarity with PowerBI/Tableau, Python, R or related tools.
- 5+ years of experience with PowerBI/Tableau, OBIEE, Alteryx, or related tools
- Strong business and human resources acumen, understanding internal and external market forces, operating priorities and Finance/ROI
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with people across geographies, functions, and levels of the organization
- Strong Project Management skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and measure progress and success and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to handle highly confidential data
- Thrives in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative
- Goal-oriented, proactive, accountable, and passionate about driving results
- Maintains a positive attitude and forward-thinking approach despite challenges
- Shows personal commitment and acts to continuously learn and improve
- Actively seeks out information about a wide variety of cultures and viewpoints
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and a strong design instinct
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree, Ph.D. a plus, with a focus or specialization in HR and/or in a field emphasizing people research in organizations (e.g., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Management, Organizational Development)
- Experience conducting research in organizations, including research design, data collection, statistical analysis, interpretation of results, and making actionable recommendations
- Ability to select and apply appropriate statistical methods to people research problems in organizations
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.
Part of creating a diverse and inclusive workplace includes ensuring that all qualified applicants and employees are provided equal consideration for any available opportunity. Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation, email us at Careers.Accommodations@WDC.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Data governance Data management Finance Industrial Oracle Power BI Python R Research SQL Statistics Tableau Teradata
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United … Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 125K - 250K USD 125K+
401(k) matching Health care Insurance
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs