London, England, United Kingdom
We are the leading independent provider of harmonised Level 3 historical data and analytics to the world’s most sophisticated capital market participants. BMLL offers banks, brokers, asset managers, hedge funds and global exchange groups immediate and flexible access to the most granular Level 3, T+1 order book data and advanced analytics, enabling them to accelerate research, optimise trading strategies and generate alpha at unparalleled speed and scale.
We have a fantastic team and our culture is inclusive and highly collaborative - a place where our employees are encouraged to be themselves.
We give all our employees share options, empowering them to get involved in decision making and help shape the future of our company as we continue to grow and scale.
We offer a combination of remote and office (London based) working, weekly team lunches and plenty of office snacks!For more information, please visit our website, www.bmlltech.com or visit our Twitter, @bmlltech or LinkedIn, @BMLL.
About the Role
At BMLL we process financial data in a process we call parsing. We continually add new financial datasets to our platform whilst upgrading and improving existing ones. Parsing occurs in well defined data pipelines built using a distributed architecture. The engineering of the pipeline is as important as the data transformation process, and we are constantly working to improve its performance and reliability. We curate the data to ensure the highest quality of delivery to our customers. Every day we consume 250GB of new data across 750,000 securities to deliver into our platform, our dashboard products and data services. These are accessed by our customers who are dependent on our services for their own workflows.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to build and maintain data pipelines that ingest market data and reference data, improve processes and reliability for managing these large datasets using the latest AWS technologies, and become expert in understanding the data and the way we curate and process it.
This is an opportunity to join a cutting-edge FinTech company with the potential to grow your technical, finance and cloud- & data-engineering skills.
- Owning the full scope of assigned development projects, including liaising with the business to gather requirements, designing the solution with the team, and building and delivering completed functionality to production.
- Design & implementation of the task scheduling (Airflow), distributed computation system (Python, Celery, EMR) and data lakes / data warehouses (S3, PostgreSQL).
- Helping to drive improvements in all areas, including the analytics framework, data tooling, deployment, data quality, testing and CI.
- Understanding the data, how it reaches BMLL, how we process it and deliver it to customers.
- Some second-line support of the daily parsing processes and the data, shared amongst the team..
- Industry experience of production-level big data batch pipelines on AWS.
- Industry experience of developing on a Linux platform
- Experience of industry-standard development methodologies such as source code control, unit testing and continuous integration
- Ability to self-organise and deliver a project over a period of up to a few months
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Computer science or other STEM degree
What makes this job special:
- The team is a mixture of data engineering and data science individuals. All your work will have a direct impact on the business, as we work closely with our product team.
- You will be part of a team that works on a petabyte scale data lake and an award-winning data science environment to analyse the data.
- You will come in at a time where you will help us shape technology in the firm.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Share Options after completion of probationary period
- Pension Scheme
- Combination of remote and London based office working
- A Wellbeing Physical Activity budget
- Continuous learning through training and challenging projects
- Collaborative culture
- Weekly team lunches
- Free fruit, snacks and drinks provided throughout the day (when office based)
- Fridge fully stocked with beer and wine (when office based)
- Regular Team Socials
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We pride ourselves on our commitment to Equality and Diversity and are committed to removing barriers throughout our hiring process - if you have any special requirements or require reasonable adjustments to help you access career opportunities at BMLL, please do let us know firstname.lastname@example.org
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Senior Data EngineerAgile Athena AWS Business Intelligence Data pipelines Data Warehousing E-commerce +9
Career development Fitness / gym Flex vacation Health care Pet friendly +1
Computer Vision Research Engineer - Deep LearningComputer Vision Deep Learning ETL Linear algebra Machine Learning NumPy OpenCV +10
Career development Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +4
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs