Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Data Infrastructure
Bellevue, WA, San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL
The Data Infrastructure team is rapidly growing and we are looking to add an engineer to help build our infrastructure.. Our infrastructure includes streaming, messaging, search, data api layer, data orchestration, data integrations and transactional databases. We are ready to push limits with our next generation data infrastructure. You will lead the data architecture and best practices to provide the best experience to the data community at Flexport.
This team is responsible for building high-level abstractions to ingest, process, and consume raw data produced by source systems at Flexport. With these abstractions, Flexport is able to adapt and utilize data infrastructure easily across a wide variety of teams and tools. This team sits between Product Engineering Teams and the Data Infrastructure Team, enables wide adoption, and sets standards for data ingestion and processing across Flexport. Engineering teams can provision infra with customization via a Backstage Extension, "Data Portal". These services are generic enough to be used by any company with similar security, stability, scalability, and cost requirements.
- Craft the data architecture, and own the data landscape, for a major domain in the world of logistics that powers global trade
- Work across teams to identify and solve pain points in our data architecture
- Work closely with data partners and users to distill complex data problems into elegant technical solutions
- Provide core abstractions to ingest and process data at scale
- Build infrastructure to support various workloads (Kafka, Snowpipe, data ingestion, Query / API layer (snowflake))
- Design and develop disaster recovery plans to ensure data integrity
- You play a significant role in the career development of others, actively mentoring and educating the data community on trends, technologies, and best practices
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of hand-on experience building and operating critical data infrastructure
- Experience with Kafka and the AWS ecosystem, including the benefits and challenges
- Experience designing, building, and deploying scalable cloud-based architectures
- Experience in designing end-to-end data flows for both transactional and analytics use cases
- Experience with data governance and security practices
- Demonstrable skills in at least one programming language
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Scikit-learn-related jobs