Lead Data Engineer (AWS)
United Kingdom - Remote
MethodsDelivering end-to-end business & technical solutions that are people-centred, safe, & designed for the future
As a Lead Data Engineer at Methods you will be expected to get involved with projects from conception to delivery - leading and supervising other engineers to meet requirements and deliver quality software solutions. On a day-to-day basis, you will own best practice for data management and data engineering - providing support to other members of the team and raising awareness across the organisation for data issues and solutions.
When contributing towards projects, you’ll make effective long-term design solutions and take an active part in sprint reviews and other agile processes. You’ll often perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other developers.
Often, you will be called upon to shape and review bids as required based on your expertise.
In your downtime or in preparation to get involved in new and exciting opportunities, you’ll be able to use paid personal development time to keep up to date on the latest trends and technologies.
You will also have line management responsibilities for up to four data engineers and be involved in the recruitment process, including taking on junior developers as mentees.
- Deliver high quality software through the agile process, championing best practice and taking a pragmatic view on the pros and cons of such processes, adapting where needed.
- Communicate with a range of stakeholders, be they technical, non-technical, junior or very senior and be able to explain a range of technical issues to them.
- Be part of the architectural design and implementation of ETL pipelines and data solutions.
- Be a point of knowledge across the organisation in data engineering.
- Line management of up to four data engineers
- Participate in community events such as Hackathons.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services data engineering tools
- A fluency and development experience in at least one of the following: Java, Python, C++ or Scala.
- Experience working with a variety of data formats such as JSON, XML, Apache Avro, Protobuf or Apache Thrift.
- Experience with data storage solutions such as traditional database solutions (i.e MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL data solutions such as MongoDB, CouchDB or RavenDB.
- Experience with distributed storage, processing engines such as Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Flink or Google BigQuery.
- Experience with message brokering/stream processing services such as Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, Confluent or Google Cloud Pub/Sub.
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience in developing, testing and documenting reliable, scalable and secure APIs.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Knowledge of standard software security principles.
- Openness to new technologies and willingness to keep learning.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Experience working in other cloud computing platform such as Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Understanding of Graph Database technologies including SPARQL/RDF.
- Experience with or developed understanding of the application of ETL tools.
Methods is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Be part of exciting project work that is making a difference in society
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A supportive and collaborative environment
As well as this, we offer:
Development access to LinkedIn Learning, a management development programme and training
Wellness 24/7 Confidential employee assistance programme
Social - office parties, pizza Friday and commitment to charitable causes
Time off 25 days a year
Pension Salary Exchange Scheme with 4% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution
Discretionary Company Bonus based on company and individual performance
Life Assurance of 4 times base salary
Private Medical Insurance which is non-contributory (spouse and dependants included)
Worldwide Travel Insurance which is non-contributory (spouse and dependants included)
Benefits Platform offering various retail and leisure discounts
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Data EngineerAirflow Athena AWS Databricks DynamoDB Engineering Pandas PostgreSQL Python Redshift +3
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Health care Salary bonus
Senior Data Engineer - DatabricksAgile Athena AWS Big Data Blockchain Consulting Databricks Data pipelines Docker Engineering +21
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Relocation support
NEW Intermediate Data EngineerAgile Athena AWS Business Intelligence DynamoDB Elasticsearch ETL ETL pipelines Git GitLab +12
Career development Flex hours Health care Startup environment Team events +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs