Data Analyst, People Data
Remote - US
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Data Analyst to be a key partner with a passion to elevate the employee experience and help leaders make data-driven decisions about our employees. This person will excel at storytelling with data, approach problems with an analytical mindset, and be driven to get to the root of the problem.
Twilio is looking for an analyst who lives the Twilio Magic and has demonstrated a strong background in data acumen and analytics. They also have:
- 5+ years designing, running, and presenting data analysis.
- 5+ years experience querying data (SQL or similar) or performing statistical analysis (R, Python, or similar).
- 5+ experience developing in data visualization tools such as Tableau, including dashboard development.
- Analytically driven with experience manipulating large data sets in SQL or equivalent, and drawing actionable insights from data.
- Experience with data development tools such as Snowflake, Fivetran, Python and APIs.
- Ability to program in python or similar programming languages.
- Experience developing robust ad-hoc reports that are easy to understand.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Proven experience building relationships among multiple teams.
- Experience explaining data analyses to cross-functional teams who are not focused on analytical work
- Experience communicating with and influencing technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working autonomously and collaboratively in a rapidly growing environment.
As a data analyst in People Analytics, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze internal HR data and provide key findings to stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Synthesize operational reporting requirements into self-service tools or dashboards.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in decision making involving the employee lifecycle at Twilio.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in data analysis, data quality, and presentation.
The People Analytics team is central to Twilio's talent strategy and growth. We work closely with senior leadership to guide employee strategy and measurement. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and presenting key insights that tell the story behind the numbers, our employee experience, and key drivers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be Remote US. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $99,840.00 - $137,280.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $87,360.00 - $120,120.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs