Finance Data Analyst
As a financial institution moving billions of GBP of customer money in more than 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make smart business decisions so that our customers, regulators, investors can trust us to be sustainable.
At Wise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives. It is barely possible to achieve a mission without making data driven decisions across the board at Wise. Decisions should rely on financially compliant, reliable and timely data so that our customers, regulators, investors can trust us being sustainable.
As a Finance Data Analyst in Finance your role can span across multiple parts of the Finance Tribe technical / operational teams – from helping us build a sustainable real time financial data engine, ensuring our financials are looking sustainable down to supporting stakeholders with data, modeling, data investigation and getting knowledge out of it. We can jointly decide what will be your first focus areas and later you can move around the Tribe to drive different areas and help us achieve our mission.
At Wise people and teams get a ton of freedom and autonomy, while definitely having a focus on some particular objectives and key results over different periods of time. Depending on our join team prioritization across the board and your personal growth preferences you can be focusing on:
- Own the domain of Buffer i.e. develop the model and tools for monitoring, plus analytics
- Ensure data quality and development
- Use SQL to provide insights on drivers behind the data
- Use and build Looker views and dashboards to investigate, monitor and share information with stakeholders
- Propose and carry through development projects for margin assurance purposes in Your domain
- Propose and participate in development projects for margin assurance purposes
- Communicate technical subjects clearly to a range of non-technical stakeholders
- Share Your thoughts and ideas over control models for Revenue & Cost of Goods Sold elements (ie Margin)
- Teach and share your know-how with newbies
- Present Your findings to stakeholder
Due to COVID-19 we are currently working remotely but have access to the office at a reduced capacity. The Finance team is spread across several locations in Europe (currently London & Tallinn) while stakeholders work across the globe – from Brazil to Australia.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact – you will have an opportunity to build, own and grow parts of financial engine of one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Europe
- Own your path to success – you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Expand your skills and develop for the future – build an efficient engineering solutions, analytical data pipelines, reporting and outputs
- Gain more experience that will allow you to grow with Finance as well as the wider TransferWise team
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about Finance, financial technology and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company
The experience you’ll need:
- You have many years experience as a data analyst or a similar role in business facing teams or technical product building teams
- You have strong SQL skills, building experience in Python
- You have experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines
- You have some knowledge or strong commitment to learn finance business domain
- You can develop data visualizations using typical BI tools (we use Looker, Tableau)
- Instead of waiting for a task you can propose a problem statement, model, approach, solution
Bonus points for:
- worked with PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Airflow
- have knowledge of BI tools (e.g. Looker, Periscope, or Metabase) and/or visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI or Tableau)
- experience in start-ups and/or agile, dynamic work environments
- experience in financial reporting and comfortable with accounting principles
A bit about Wise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At Wise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At Wise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs