Senior Big Data Engineer, Data Platform
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture, and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make faster, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers, and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with a minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Senior Big Data Engineer, Data Platform
Job location: This is a remote position. You can work from home and be located anywhere in Canada.
About the Team
The Data Platform team in Kinaxis is formed with the passion and the vision to build big data more secure and accessible to our data scientists and analysts. We design and maintain data pipeline, data catalogs and data/ML models of Kinaxis’ AI Platform. We collaborate with teams and stakeholders around globe to implement cutting-edge innovative and industrial-strength AI solutions for the global supply chains.
We are looking for a passionate, smart and experienced big data engineer to help us build tools to further accelerate our mission to make data-driven solutions easy to experiment, build, secure and maintain.
What you will do
- Design and evolve the architecture of our big data platform
- Develop and maintain data pipelines and ML workflow; from data preparations to forecasts generations and from feature generations to ML models deployment.
- Customize and manage integration tools, databases, warehouses, and analytical systems.
- Optimize performance and cost of our big data platform
- Work closely with security team and enterprise architecture team to design and implement secure data architecture.
- Participate in the 3rd Level on-call process to support and maintain our data pipelines.
- Guide and mentor junior engineers
- Identify engineering gaps and challenges and lead the initiatives
What we are looking for
- 3 years+ of professional experience in software engineering roles
- Solid foundation in software and data engineering.
- Proficient in Java and/or Scala.
- Experience with data warehouse eg. Hive, Snowflake, Redshift
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, SQL Server, or PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of Apache Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm and cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with schema design, dimensional data modelling, and writing advanced SQL queries.
- Experience with enterprise Integration and ETL tools such as Talend.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Diversity, equity, and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each other’s’ differences, continuously strive for equality, and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any user. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Big Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs