Company OverviewAt Netlify, we're building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We're aiming to change the landscape of modern web development.
We recently raised $63M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This round was led by the EQT Ventures with participation from existing investors Andreessen Horowitz & Kleiner Perkins. This brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Other past investors include Bloomberg Beta, Designer Fund, and Tank Hill Ventures, as well as the founders of Figma, GitHub, Slack and Yelp.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about half as many nationalities as we are team members.
About the role:
At Netlify, our data team exists to empower the entire organization to make the best decisions possible by providing accurate, timely, and useful insights. We build our data infrastructure as a product instead of just a service, with the ability to make a significant impact.
We’ve been remote-first since our inception and are a globally distributed team, spanning across North America, Europe, and Africa. We’re biased towards asynchronous planning and communication, meaning less meetings and more execution. We take documentation seriously and place our values of transparency, empowerment, and commitment at the forefront of everything we do. We’re driven by passion and we make sure that everyone on the team knows their value, feels ownership over their work, and can quickly see the impact of their efforts. Beyond just hiring smart, empathetic team members, we foster a culture where there are no dumb questions and our team can get access to the resources that they need to continue to learn. As a remote-first company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Netlify is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
As a Data Analyst, you’ll be in an imperative position working closely with stakeholders to educate and empower them to use data as an analytic tool. With our team, you'll be turning rows and columns in a data warehouse into powerful business insights that can be used to make impactful decisions. This role will be providing crucial analyses that are accurate, reliable, reproducible, and is easily accessible to help impact the rest of the business. We think of Data analysts as business partners for their domains of expertise. Please note: This is a SQL-first role, not an Excel-first role.
Learn more about our team below:
- How the Netlify Data Team Migrated from Databricks to Snowflake
- Data Dream Teams: Netlify at dbt Coalesce
- dbt Slack Roundup #1
- How the Netlify Data Team Uses Census for Operational Analytics
- Dear Analyst Podcast: Architecting revenue data pipelines and switching to a career in analytics
- It’s Not a Data Science Problem, It’s a Data Engineering Problem
- Adopting Airflow at Netlify on the Airflow Podcast
Some of the things you'll do:
- Utilize SQL, Python, and Git to build new analyses and maintain existing reporting.
- Communicate and train people how to best use our Business Intelligence tools (We use Mode).
- Follow and improve our processes for maintaining high quality data and reporting.
- Build upon and document our common data framework so that all data can be connected and analyzed.
- Advocate for improvements to data quality, security, and performance that have a particular impact across your team and the organization.
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale data infrastructure.
- Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review, including testing, documentation, and reproducibility.
- Represent Netlify and its values in public communication around broader initiatives, specific projects, and community contributions.
- Maintain deliverables, projects, and timelines for your business stakeholders.
- Communicate findings clearly to a broad range of stakeholders.
We're looking for someone who has experience with:
- Business acumen, understanding of SaaS company metrics
- A solid understanding of data warehouses and business intelligence tools
- Clear and direct communication skills about complex technical topics
- Prior experience working with software development tools, like Git and the command line
- Passion for building the best version of whatever you’re working on
- A track record of working autonomously, with strong organizational and time management skills
- A desire to continually keep up with advancements in data (engineering, analytics, science) team practices
- Experience with DBT a plus
By the 30 day mark, you'll be...
- Understanding our values and how to work the Netlify way
- On the journey of understanding the complexities around our business, customer, and engineering needs. We believe strongly that it’s essential for you to take the time to become familiar with our space & how we operate!
- Having one-on-ones and pairing sessions with some of the people that you’ll be working closely with, including members of the finance, engineering, and product teams.
- Learning from the team during weekly syncs
- Helping definition-related conversations, acting as thought-leader to functional group
- Working in Mode, writing SQL queries to produce dashboards
- Getting a clear sense of where prioritization comes from
By the 60 day mark, you'll be...
- Comfortable working with dbt via the command line
- Contributing to internal conversations on data organization and structure
- Able to answer questions about what data exists and is ready for consumption
- Answering questions using dashboards and analyses that already exist and contributing to our data catalogue
- Partnering with our Data Manager around what types of projects you’d like to tackle to align with your goals and passions
By the 90 day mark, you'll be...
- Regularly contributing to documentation and housekeeping improvements for the team
- Gathering requirements, scope, and build analysis with little-to-no guidance from more senior members of the team
- Considering what conferences you’d like to attend or brainstorming how you’d like to utilize your training allowance
- Helping lead triage initiatives and driving team efficiency as a core part of your work
- Spending time floating around in the data exploring what interesting findings you can make on your own
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Big Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs