Junior Data Analyst
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Junior Data Analyst
About the team
This role is within Ocado’s Client Services division. Client Service’s mission is “to support and maintain Ocado’s platforms wherever they are deployed”. Supporting our clients around the world in a consistent way is essential to our long-term relationship with them; and to our commercial success. The Client Services teams provide all of our Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) clients with wide-ranging remote and local support for their platform; so they can deliver their retail customer promises every day.
What would I be doing?
As an Analyst you will specialise in extracting and interpreting data to identify efficiency opportunities within a multi-million pound department, directly impacting thousands of colleagues and hundreds of thousands of customers through our clients. We have billions of data points at our disposal, mapping the performance of our MHE and IT systems to ensure our retail clients are able to deliver outstanding and consistent customer service.
From providing insight on our warehouse personnel, to monitoring our robotic performance, you will help to drive our profitability whilst continuously improving the services we deliver. Your insight will have a direct contribution to Ocado’s long term goal of changing the way the world shops.
- From day one, you will be working with cross-functional partners to support our clients’ global operations, by ways of building KPI dashboards, ad-hoc data pulls, and business reviews
- Partner with Engineering and Operations to identify trends and opportunities in driving down cost and increase capacities.
- Partner with Ocado Technology to identify and close gaps in data feed and infrastructure
- Problem Solving, with our department and business growing rapidly, and with even bigger growth plans ahead, new challenges and insights will develop for you to tackle
- Leading investigations into understanding trends and patterns in the performance of our autonomous robots and associated systems
- Creating data to represent Client Services’ objectives and interests to other functions (e.g. Product Continuous Improvement)
- Project Management and Support. Whether it is your own idea or a project managed by another department, you will be involved in supporting different projects across the business
What We Would Like To See:
- Comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical senior management and key stakeholders
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools (SQL and/or Excel, VBA, Data Studio)
- Exceptional quantitative & qualitative problem solving skills
- Analytical thinker who can break down complex problems
- Able to use data to create compelling stories and achieve positive outcomes
- Able to draw conclusions from data and recommend next steps
- Tenacity to follow ideas and problems through to resolution
- Experience in solving ambiguous problems and thinking under pressure
- Experience adapting to a fast-changing environment
- Experience in MHE or Fulfilment analysis
What we can offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Data Specialist Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs