Data Analyst (remote)
This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
We are looking for an experienced data analyst to support the development and adoption of data and data visualization products by our partner and client users, by using data driven insights to complement qualitative research and human-centered design. The individual will assist with analyzing user and organizational data to provide insights into product management and development. The aim is to improve user outcomes with various products and improve the overall customer experience.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
What You'll Do
- Support the implementation of data products and data stories.
- Help with analytics ticket triage, organization, and writing.
- Gather information from end-users and project stakeholders, identifying (and validating existing) requirements, and translating these into relevant data analysis and reporting.
- Take raw data, accomplish some simple data transformations, and visualize it into dashboards, reports, and charts.
- Analyze, manipulate, or process large sets of data using statistical software.
- Provide advisory service, using evidence-based data and data stories, to clients on how to best improve service products
- Effectively communicate complex technical and business issues for a wide range of audiences.
- Collaborate with an analytics team to provide continuous improvement of data quality, business processes, and data analysis.
What You'll Bring
- Prior experience working with other team members of an analytics team, e.g. data engineer, data scientist, designer, product manager, researcher, to understand data structures and transform data with an off-the-shelf data visualization product.
- Use your 1-3 years of relevant experience to create reports and front end visualizations in standard business intelligence tools.
- Experience in writing SQL in support of analyses and customer data extracts.
- Produce customer facing and internal technical documentation.
- Experience working at a consulting or advisory service-oriented organization is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of the design and UX implications of different data visualizations, including best practices for reports/dashboards and charts.
- Ability to identify data requirements from stakeholders to build data products:
- Understand which metrics best fit their decision needs; help identify key performance indicators for best business uses of data
- Understand which metrics are available within our data platforms
- Understand how to best visualize those metrics to tell stories
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate metrics for purposes of informing intended goals and outcomes.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open NumPy-related jobs
- Open Keras-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Cassandra-related jobs