Financial Data Analyst (Bangkok-Based, Relocation Provided)
Bangkok (Central Tower Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
The Financial Data Analyst is a highly analytical, data-driven position. You will play a vital role as a key contributor to Agoda’s Corporate Treasury function, providing reporting and analytical insights to drive effective managerial decisions. Analysis topics include but are not limited to: liquidity management (cash balance monitoring by currency, country, entity or bank counterparty), FX risk and exposure management, and cash forecasting related to wire transfers, virtual card payments and gateway flows. In addition, the Financial Data Analyst will be responsible for providing operational support as it relates to intercompany transactions and settlements (lending, borrowing), short-term investment activity as well as banking solutioning projects. This key role offers the opportunity to get involved in projects of high impact throughout the finance organization and will be instrumental in building reporting and analytics capabilities to support Agoda finance objectives.
In this Role, you'll get to:
- Become an in-house expert for Agoda’s Treasury Management System learning the full suite of report queries, analytics tools, system configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Improve our recurring and ad-hoc TMS reporting around daily and weekly cash positions, short-term liquidity forecasts, accounting daily and month-end reports, FX flows.
- Work with other team members to identify, refine and measure the effort around current manual processes looking for ways to automate or optimize them.
- Use your advanced excel skills and data gathering capabilities to perform ad-hoc reporting, dashboarding and analysis to drive better business decisions.
- Coordinate with stakeholders internally (Finance Controllership, Finance Systems and Innovation team, FP&A) and externally (TMS vendor support, virtual card providers) to improve our team’s understanding and usage of the relevant systems.
- Provide operational support for treasury BAU activities with our partner banks, including following up on intercompany transactions, FX and trade settlements, and movement of funds to ensure counterparty obligations are met.
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline. An M.B.A. or advanced Master’s degree qualification is preferred but not required.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the treasury function (corporate or financial institutions), FP&A, risk management, or banking and global markets.
- Hands on experience using a Treasury Management System (TMS). FIS Quantum is preferred, but knowledge of other systems (Kyriba, GTreasury, Reval etc.) will be considered.
- Strong Excel and financial modelling skills.
- Commercially aware. Able to think analytically and strategically. Able to apply logical reasoning to problem-solve underlying business issues.
- A willingness to get involved in the OTA business to understand the story behind the numbers.
- Pro-active attitude toward resolving queries and highlighting future potential areas of risk.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - ability to interact/lead within a multi-disciplined finance organization and be a cohesive team player in a diverse Asian-influenced work environment.
It's Great if you have:
- Expert-level proficiency in Treasury Management System (TMS) usage for analytics and reporting purposes, especially FIS Quantum.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Excel, VBA, Macro, SQL query or any programming language is highly desirable.
- “Nice-to-haves” for this role include: understanding FX balance sheet hedging programs, GL accounting around FX valuations, Bloomberg/FXGO terminal, corporate banking (FX or cash management products), Oracle Cloud ERP, banking connectivity infrastructure (H2H, electronic banking portals), or relevant professional designations (such as, CFA, FRM, CTP)
- An understanding of internet technologies and the Online Travel eco-system / business model is preferred but not required.
#FIN #KualaLumpur #Manila #Taipei
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Junior Data Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Kafka-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs