University Grad, Machine Learning Engineer (Remote)
Remote - USA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Machine Learning team at Coinbase provides the ML primitives and expertise across the company and aspires to make Coinbase an ML driven company. As a Machine Learning engineer you will be building the critical infrastructure for the open financial system -- tapping into a variety of large data sources such as the blockchain -- to provide millions of people access to crypto. You will bring intelligence to a wide range of applications critical to the business: detecting and preventing fraudulent actors and activity, delighting users with engaging news, activities, notifications and much more. Join us to become a leader of the intersection of Crypto economy and Machine Learning.
- Explore and leverage state of the art machine learning techniques for a variety of problems across the company including fraud, feed ranking, recommendations and targeting, blockchain mining.
- Lead end to end intelligence initiatives - disambiguate requirements and convert them into success metrics, optimization functions, features, and machine learning tasks.
- Plan, explore, design, prototype, and ship ML primitives, features, embeddings and models.
- Build and launch excellent productionalized, low-maintenance models.
- Setup A/B experiments and iterate to land impact.
- Build the next generation of ML primitives for the intersection of Crypto economy and Machine Learning.
- Experience with one or more ML models: Logistic Regression, Gradient Boosting trees, Deep learning, etc.
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following: personalization, data mining, information retrieval, advanced statistics, natural language processing, computer vision.
- Exhibit our core cultural values: positive energy, clear communication, efficient execution, continuous learning.
- A problem-solving, collaborative, and impact-oriented mindset.
Preferred (not required)
- PhD in Machine Learning, Data Mining.
- BS, MS degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Statistics, or related field.
- Experience with Python and SQL
- Experience with model interpretability, responsible AI.
- Experience with data analysis, visualization, backend engineering.
What to send
- A resume that describes your machine learning experience
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.