Sr. Technical Program Manager – Data Engineering
WHO WE ARE:
Take-Two develops and publishes some of the world's biggest games. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games and more.
The Enterprise Applications Data Engineering Program Manager will have the opportunity to work with highly skilled technology teams in developing and implementing data solutions. This position reports to the Enterprise Applications Director of PMO and will be responsible for delivering projects within the Data Engineering program on time, within budget to meet strategic and business requirements.
In this role, you will partner with business stakeholders to capture business requirements, determine business priority, develop roadmaps and execute against the business requirements. You will partner with Data Engineering leads to optimize the delivery lifecycle of the project/product by achieving clear & measurable business & product goals, ensuring continuous alignment to the goals, optimizing the “build-measure-learn feedback loop”, providing transparency, dependency, risk and issue management. This position has oversight of project managers delivering projects within the Enterprise Applications Data Engineering Program.
The right candidate for this role is someone who has both a strong technical background, and either technical management or program/product management experience.
- Develop a holistic view of Data Engineering Program and ensure senior leadership has sufficient visibility into status, issues, and decisions to ensure continued alignment.
- Work with business stakeholders to define project/program objectives and requirements.
- Manage and continuously optimize delivery activities and processes by ensuring effective prioritization / trade-offs against an overall strategy and organizational constraints.
- Drive cross-team communication by providing accurate and proactive project tracking to internal partners and the larger organization.
- Champion agile methodologies within your assigned teams, serve as a team process coach and agile subject matter authority. Coordinate agile ceremonies at the team level.
- Actively identify and remove impediments that may impact team velocity or deliverables. Partner with other program managers and organizational leaders to remove impediments and balance risks.
- Implement processes that foster improvement and drive the team and the organization towards more efficient product delivery.
- Maintain a strategic view of our data engineering process even while executing on the minutiae of everyday development.
- 8+ years demonstrated experience leading multiple programs and managing its complex projects in parallel across multiple departments and divisions through completion.
- 5+ years of experience overseeing and executing on project deliverables within a data engineering organization
- 3+ years people management experience to guide and support project managers in their delivery of projects.
- Experience with Planning & Modeling implementations (e.g. Anaplan, Hyperion)
- Proven prioritization capabilities, with the ability to break down work into manageable parts while effectively assessing the priority and time required for completion.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements.
- Experience in influencing others outside of direct line of reporting and advocating on behalf of the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business or related major
- PMI membership and PMP and/or Scrum certification is a plus.
- Formal training or certification in structured project management and delivery methods with practical application (example: PMBOK, Agile / SCRUM, PRINCE2, COBIT, Kaizen, Lean RUP, CMM or proprietary)
- Proficiency in multiple software and technological tools to communicate and lead projects including and not limited to PPM systems, JIRA, Visio, Monday.com
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. May be asked to provide professional writing skills examples.
- Strong grasp of the SDLC
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills; a thorough approach to program management to deliver enterprise-level projects.
- Ability to understand and analyze financial data e.g. costs/ benefits analysis, return on investment, capitalization Demonstrated proficiency in motivating team members
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth. As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical, dental, vision, pension plan, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs