Data Science Product Owner
Columbia, MO; Kansas City, MO; Remote
EquipmentShare is Hiring a Product Owner
EquipmentShare is searching for a Product Owner to support our Data Science and Data Operations teams. This position can be local to the Columbia, MO area, the Kansas City, MO, area, or remote.
EquipmentShare is dedicated to creating a connected jobsite for the modern contractor. We deliver user-friendly technology solutions that help contractors maximize their equipment uptime, reduce risk exposure and increase productivity. EquipmentShare’s product offerings include an improved equipment rental experience, fleet tracking and asset management software, hardware security solutions and predictive service and maintenance applications.
EquipmentShare is the fastest-growing, independently owned construction equipment rental company in the country. We serve dozens of markets across the U.S. and are on track to create a national footprint in every major market in the country by the end of 2023. Our branch locations are equipped with a broad range of construction equipment, ranging from 150-foot telescopic booms to 120,000-lb. track excavators.
EquipmentShare’s rapid growth goes beyond meeting a demand for equipment rentals in booming new markets. Instead, our mission begins with our rental product, and it’s a testimony to our ability to improve industry standards and better serve the customer. Our expansion and customer retention is a validation of strong contractor demand for the smart jobsite technology we’ve built into our rental fleet. And it’s just the beginning of our journey to establishing a global presence.
Your Opportunity to Grow With Us
Our Product Owner will have the opportunity to lead the existing development team in its mission to design and build scalable cloud applications. You’ll serve as the team’s business expertise, leading research efforts, planning and prioritization, testing, tuning and generally supporting the product. You’ll use best practices to ensure your team continues to build high-performing and reliable products successfully.
The Product Owner will work with a highly collaborative, loosely structured team that’s growing fast. Our ideal candidate has the experience and is comfortable working in a dynamic, agile environment. And must possess effective communication skills while being a natural team player.
- Serve as the primary Product person for 1-2 highly development teams with a strong focus on data analytics and machine learning.
- Partner with Data Science Technical Lead to define your team's roadmap based on the vision and roadmap for the product.
- Be a keen identifier of user problems that can be solved with data science and work with customers, development team, company leadership, and product peers to deliver this value.
- Connect with users to build empathy, and then engage in accurate and compelling story telling for the development team so they understand the why.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to organize development priorities according to business needs.
- Communicate with the Product Manager and other Product Owners to define cross-team initiatives and maintain an adequately groomed backlog.
- Coordinate your team to define work-breakdown in a way that allows for maximum throughput, facilitate ceremonies, and assist with metrics that are for the team, by the team.
- Write clear and concise business requirements, presentable at multiple levels of understanding.
- Bring Agile experience to the teams through leading ceremonies and planning and grooming work.
- Perform acceptance testing on features prior to production to support your team.
- Manage and prioritize personal workload based on the product's objectives.
- You should also have an interest in interface design and user experience.
Our mission to change an entire industry, so we only hire people inspired by the goal and up for the challenge. In turn, our employees have every opportunity to grow with us, achieve personal and professional success and enjoy making a tangible difference in an industry that’s long been resistant to change.
Skills & Qualifications
- Significant experience in gathering and translating user needs into an actionable product vision and development requirements
- History of working with stakeholders directly and being a strong voice for the business.
- Problem Solver — possessing exceptional organizational skills, analytic capabilities, and attention to detail.
- Persistent and Creative — will do whatever is necessary to get the work done and has a sense of ownership for their work. Knows when to ask for input, but thrives on working through complexities
- Informal Leadership – guides by building trust and influence without needing the authority to direct others. Pulls everyone forward through their knowledge, skills, attributes, and example.
- Exercises Diplomacy – can to tell the truth without being off putting or creating division.
Why We’re a Better Place to Work
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance and medical coverage benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Volunteering and local charity initiatives that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home through EquipmentCare
- Opportunities for career and professional development with conferences, events, seminars, continued education
Since our founding in 2015, we’ve had explosive growth—and we’re not stopping anytime soon. Ready to invest in our mission, invest in yourself and discover a better place to work? Then we’d love to meet you. Apply today.
EquipmentShare is an EOE M/F/D/V