Accounting Data Analyst
Columbia MO, Kansas City MO, St. Louis MO
EquipmentShare is Hiring an Accounting Business Analyst
EquipmentShare is searching for an Accounting Business Analyst for our corporate office in Columbia, MO to help us monitor and analyze financial data. This position will be located in Columbia, MO and will not be eligible for remote work.
EquipmentShare is dedicated to creating a connected jobsite for the modern contractor. We deliver user-friendly technology solutions that help contractors maximize their equipment uptime, reduce risk exposure and increase productivity. EquipmentShare’s product offerings include an improved equipment rental experience, fleet tracking and asset management software, hardware security solutions and predictive service and maintenance applications.
EquipmentShare is the fastest-growing, independently owned construction equipment rental company in the country. We serve dozens of markets across the U.S. and are on track to create a national footprint in every major market in the country by the end of 2023. Our branch locations are equipped with a broad range of construction equipment, ranging from 150-foot telescopic booms to 120,000-lb. track excavators.
EquipmentShare’s rapid growth goes beyond meeting a demand for equipment rentals in booming new markets. Instead, our mission begins with our rental product, and it’s a testimony to our ability to improve industry standards and better serve the customer. Our expansion and customer retention is a validation of strong contractor demand for the smart jobsite technology we’ve built into our rental fleet. And it’s just the beginning of our journey to establishing a global presence.
Your Opportunity to Grow With Us
The EquipmentShare team is a close-knit group of professionals who all share an interest in providing a service and product that improve our customer’s experience. Above all, we care about building something people want, and the only way to do that is by assembling a skilled, passionate and talented team. Our mission is to improve productivity and efficiency throughout the entire construction industry, and our people are how we make achieving that goal possible.
We’re seeking an Accounting Business Analyst who loves a challenge and wants the opportunity to grow with a fast-paced company. Industry competitors often have layers of tenured management that create barriers to career advancement. The opportunity for career growth is unparalleled at EquipmentShare, where you’ll find no shortage of challenging yet fulfilling work, chances to build new skills and supportive teammates who will push you to achieve your best.
- Analyze financial data, and turn that data into action, whether that looks like process improvements, best business practices or other data-backed solutions
- Review profit and loss reports, analyze budget variances, and present findings to senior level management
- Identify, develop, and help implement cost-saving and profit-driving strategies across the company
- Play an integral role in the budget and forecasting process
- Identify trends, correlations and patterns in data, and present findings to stakeholders
Our mission to change an entire industry is not easily achieved, so we only hire people who are inspired by the goal and up for the challenge. In turn, our employees have every opportunity to grow with us, achieve personal and professional success and enjoy making a tangible difference in an industry that’s long been resistant to change.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Accounting required, Master's preferred.
- 2-3 years of past analytical experience.
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Able to apply accounting concepts and principles to the business practices and perform accounting research as needed.
- Solid documentation skills and strong communication skills.
- Financial forecasting and reporting experience.
- Proven ability to approach complex problems with curiosity and an analytical mindset.
- You roll with the punches and can adapt quickly, manage competing projects and challenge the
- status quo.
- A keen understanding of data interpretation and the ability to swiftly extract key insights
- Expert-level Excel skills.
- Preferably SQL experience.
- Preferably knowledge of an analytical language like Python, R, SAS, SPSS, etc.
- Experience analyzing budget performance
Why We’re a Better Place to Work
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance and medical coverage benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Stocked breakroom and full kitchen
- Volunteering and local charity initiatives that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home through EquipmentCare
- Opportunities for career and professional development with conferences, events, seminars, continued education
Since our founding in 2015, we’ve had explosive growth—and we’re not stopping anytime soon. Ready to invest in our mission, invest in yourself and discover a better place to work? Then we’d love to meet you. Apply today.
EquipmentShare is an EOE M/F/D/V