Senior/Lead, Deep Learning Researcher/Engineer, Synthetic Data
Our Perception team is looking for a strong candidate with exceptional research/development skills in the field of deep learning, preferably, with experience in handling synthetic data. The primary responsibility of the Deep Learning Researcher/Engineer is to drive the research and development of accelerating the synthetic data generation within popular simulators, closing the gap between the synthetic data and real data, and boosting the performance of perception algorithms. The candidate will participate in deep learning research, release planning, scheduling, etc. Qualified candidates will be self-motivated, robust and logic thinkers, strong collaborators, and adept at operating in a highly dynamic environment. We look for colleagues that are passionate about our product and embody our values.
- Provide vision and insights to future research and development
- Lead the research and development effort of advanced product-critical deep learning components
- Work hand-in-hand with key stakeholders and developers across the company using deep learning
- Support overall research engineering and architecture efforts in deep learning
- Write maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality deep learning modules
- Expert knowledge of deep learning techniques such as 3D CNN, RNN, GAN and Reinforcement Learning (RL)
- Expert knowledge of domain adaptation, self-supervised learning or semi-supervised learning
- Have the knowledge and leadership experience in at least one of the following deep learning domains:
- 3D geometry deep learning techniques
- Semantics and scene understanding
- Object Detection and tracking
- Hand Pose and Gesture modeling
- Expert level experience in PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Expert level in Python (programming and debugging)
- Experience in synthetic data research and development is a plus
- Knowledge of C/C++ and parallel computing paradigms such as OpenCL and CUDA is a plus
- Knowledge of Computer Graphic (CG) is a plus.
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience).
- Ph.D. is preferred (with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience).
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.