Data Engineer II - iQ Research
About the Role
We are looking for data engineers to bring our Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence R&D and strategy to the next level. Our goal is to personalize the Qualtrics experience using ML and AI features showcasing Qualtrics data as a core value proposition and competitive advantage.
As a Data Engineer in the iQ Research team, you will design, develop and maintain robust and scalable data pipelines that will power the iQ Machine Learning Platform. Your pipelines will provide data for research experiments, training ML models and models on production. You will be working with Applied Scientists and engineering teams to collect business and technical requirements.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex customer problems and, above all, is passionate about data and analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of professional coding experience with at least one of mainstream programming languages
- 3+ years of experience with big data workflows (e.g. Data Modeling, Analytics, data warehouse/data lake design).
- Passionate about building data products that help customers easily and effectively get their job done
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design, continuous delivery, git, test automation, and build\deploy systems)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks
- Enthusiastic person, who communicates effectively and is easy to work with
- Curious and constantly learning on your own and from others
- You get satisfaction from helping others succeed, and you constantly seek ways to improve
- You can identify gaps, propose solutions to important problems, then take them to resolution
What differentiates us from other companies:
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space
- On top of the standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees