Computer Vision Engineer for (startup company) AIIM
Computer Vision Engineer for Startup AIIM
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Computer Vision Engineer to join the Advanced Engineering Group at Navinfo Europe. Employed by Navinfo Europe you will be working for daughter startup company AI in Motion | AIIM. A company providing mapping, perception, and autonomy solutions to “things” in motion.
Working for a startup requires a practical and hands on mentality. You are able to perform in a dynamic environment where technical focus, requirements and direction might shift when business opportunities change.
You will be responsible for building applications that will be used to process data from different data sources (Camera, Lidar, Sonar, GPS, etc.) and build (3D) mapping, localization and navigation solutions for assets moving through dynamic outdoor and indoor environments, like Crane operations and AGV navigation & handling.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable software.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Ensure code quality by performing various tests on developed code.
- Process and modify data from different data source (Cameras, Lidar sensors, Sonar sensors, GPS devices, etc.) in order to create various localization and mapping solutions.
You will be reporting to the Project Leader and Department Manager.
- A MSc or BSc degree, preferably in computer science.
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in software development (design, implementation, and integration).
- Minimum of 3 years working on practical computer vision topics in a corporate environment.
- Experience working with OpenCV.
- Good knowledge of machine learning for computer vision and its tools.
- Advanced practical experience in (embedded) software development using modern C++11/14.
- Practical Experience in Python.
- Expert knowledge in efficient algorithms.
- Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments.
- Understanding of dynamic polymorphism and C++ specific notions, such as friend classes.
- Knowledge of low-level threading primitives and real-time environments.
- Good knowledge of development tools such as CMake and Git.
- Advanced practical experience in working with Linux, both as development environment as well as an execution platform.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Experience with processing point cloud data.
- Experience with Deep learning using TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Experience programming with Cuda or OpenCL.
- Experience working with C++ mathematical optimization libraries such as Ceres Solver or g2o.
- Experience with Atlassian Tooling (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket/GIT) or similar.
Nice to have
- Domain knowledge in (LiDAR, Visual) SLAM, (AI) Object Detection, and related localization and mapping technologies.
AI in Motion | AIIM is a young startup company providing mapping, perception, and autonomy solutions to “things” in motion. AIIM positions itself as an autonomy service provider. Current focus is on Crane operations and AGV navigation & handling. Providing navigation solutions for assets moving through dynamic outdoor and indoor environments. AIIM’s technology offers a combination of 3D mapping, localization & perception into holistic solutions where others just offer parts of the solution.
NavInfo is a China-based technology company who is leading the way to become the “Digital Brain of Intelligent Driving” with core businesses Navigation, Connected Vehicle Services, Autonomous Driving, Auto Chips and Big Data & Computing. NavInfo has more than 6,000 employees and is headquartered in Beijing and traded on Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
NavInfo Europe incorporates the Product Development, Advanced Research and AI consultant activities for NavInfo. NavInfo Europe is majority shareholder of Start Up AI in Motion (AIIM) that has been founded together with Technical University of Eindhoven (TU/e).
In this position you will be working for startup AIIM and be employed by Navinfo Europe. Uniquely combining working for a startup company within the security of an established company.
Come join us! If you feel you fit the description and you are interested in working within a fast growing, international and innovative organisation, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly via the application button. You can expect a challenging job with a market conforming employment package. For more information please contact the HRM department +31 40-711 35 00, Luchthavenweg 34, 5657 EB Eindhoven.