Product Data Analyst
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Product Data Analyst to join our Product team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard- working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Supply Chain & Logistics (SC&L) Product Lead
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead requirements elicitation workshops with stakeholders to define high level business requirements for operational reporting or to improve business performance
- Assist stakeholders to prioritize the requirements
- Obtain sign-off on the specifications
- Mine data for insights, test and validate hypotheses about operational and customer behavior
- Influence the roadmap through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Work closely with product and engineering to make sure we collect the right data to produce relevant business insights
- Develop operational reports and run reports to support measurement of key performance indicators. Prepare exception-based reporting and drive implementation of business improvement ideas
- Validate existing reports and data sets and resolves issues with reports and performance indicators as identified
- Develop a clear understanding of the operational intricacies & behaviors and identify improvement opportunities / levers to improve key metrics
- Assist to measure and drive the adoption and engagement of the developed product; down to individual features and feature updates
- Create effective data visualisations to communicate insights and updates to the management and product team.
- Generate regular reports on operational performance and provide insights / recommendations to the business
- Analyse the success and effectiveness of product and process changes
- Facilitate the performance improvement of various teams within the business by identifying operational and product gaps. This must be performed through testing & analysis and recommendation of process changes.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
- Ability to identify areas of improvement in current processes
- Ability to use logic and common sense to arrive at conclusions
- Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high quality, innovative, clean solutions
- Highly structured thinker with strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have exceptional communication skills to help deliver insights to diverse stakeholders
- Detail oriented, outcome and process focused
- Willingness to learn and personal desire to keep up to date with technology and process
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, BCom Computer Science or similar degree
- 3+ years experience in a Data, Engineering or Product Management role within a fast-paced, product-led, and growth-focused organisation, playing a key role in data gathering, data analysis and helping the team make data based decisions
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, Google BigQuery, AWS, Firebase/Google Analytics, and Google Data Studio
- High level of proficiency with MS Office packages with proven advanced proficiency in Excel / Google Sheets, Docs & Slides
- Experience with large datasets and optimisation on digital platforms
- Retail or e-commerce and Supply Chain industry experience beneficial
- com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.