Data Operations Lead
For more than a decade, Addepar has revolutionised how investment managers analyse and report investor portfolio data. We combine state-of-the-art infrastructure with flexible data analysis and customisable reporting capabilities, so our clients deliver tailored, meaningful interactions to investors. Over 500 firms ranging from family offices to financial advisers to global banks choose Addepar, and that number will continue to grow in 2021.
As part of our continued growth, we’re establishing a presence in Edinburgh. We’re looking for a Data Operations Lead to join our Data Operations team.
Part of the broader Addepar Product organisation, the Data Operations team is responsible for ensuring Addepar's clients have timely and high quality data. This will include overseeing the processing of transactions and positions so that it meets client timelines, ensuring data quality through verification checks, and helping clients with their data support questions. The Data Operations team sits at the nexus of Addepar's activity and requires daily communications with data providers, clients, and other personnel within Data Operations and across the firm.
- Serve as a player/coach who will contribute to and supervise a team of Data Operations Analysts in Edinburgh.
- Oversee and manage daily operational workflows for custodial and aggregator data feeds and help review, manage, and/or execute client data inquiries and requests.
- Develop and maintain effective process controls and accurate metrics to ensure quality standards and organisational expectations are met.
- Partner with members of Product and Engineering to design, test, and implement new processes and tooling features that improve data quality as well as increase operational efficiency.
- Manage the onboarding, mentorship, and career development of individuals on the team through timely and effective performance feedback and by providing learning and growth opportunities.
- Lead the team to accomplish goals that are aligned with the organisation’s business and culture objectives and hold self and everyone accountable for meeting expectations.
- Collaborate with leads of different organisations on new data related initiatives and product offerings.
- 6+ years of knowledge/experience in the financial industry, securities modeling, post-trade processing or trade-surveillance systems.
- Detailed in documenting information and best practices and exhibits good follow through techniques.
- Proven ability to plan, design, and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Track record of effective problem solving abilities, self-motivation to take on responsibility, and a strong team-player mentality.
- Experience with leading teams, cross-functional projects and learning and development initiatives.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills for interfacing with clients, custodial data providers, as well as internal stakeholders.
- Forward looking and pragmatic on finding effective solutions to complex issues.
- Technical skills preferred in any or all of the following: Excel, VBA, SQL, Python, Salesforce, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, or other common financial services systems and applications.
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.