Data Analyst, Legal & Compliance
Atlanta, Georgia, United States, Chicago, IL, United States, Los Angeles, CA, United States, Seattle
At Flexport, our mission is to make global trade easy and accessible for everyone. Whether it’s screening for denied parties or shipping dangerous goods, compliance is embedded in everything we do. That’s where the Legal & Compliance Team comes in. Collectively, we own 15+ topics/programs that empower Flexporters across 17+ offices worldwide with practical, risk-mitigating solutions.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join us and drive our data strategy. From designing key metrics for complex systems to creating compelling data visualizations, you’ll be the analytical partner to our senior leaders, regional managers and program owners. It’s a role that’s first of its kind - you’ll not only drive impact but also learn a lot about global trade!You will:
- Collaborate with program owners from both Legal and Compliance to design key metrics and build compelling, easy-to-digest dashboards for automated reporting
- Create and analyze datasets to identify data patterns, improve data quality and enable data-driven decisions
- Contribute to how product features and operational processes are designed/updated
- Identify opportunities for automating audit procedures
- 3+ years of professional experience in an analytical role(s)
- Fluent in SQL - Looker or Snowflake experience is a plus!
- Experience translating non-technical requirements into metrics, reports and dashboards
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.