Senior Technical Program Manager, Data Science
Bellevue, Washington, United States, San Francisco, CA, United States
Build the platform that powers global trade
Flexport is looking for a creative, technically minded Senior Technical Program Manager for Data Science, who is motivated to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade, supply chain, and logistics industry. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape the industry by creating the new technology platform for global trade.
Data is at the heart of our business and as a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will work to coordinate data science efforts and drive insights into both our physical, and digital products & features. In collaboration with multidisciplinary product and engineering teams, you will marshal and coordinate our data science team to creatively develop optimization and machine learning models that will be embedded in software products that deliver data-driven insights seamlessly to end users where they need it, and when they need it. We are passionate at providing effortless accessible intelligence, and actionable insights to our end users.
Our ideal candidate is: self-motivated, team oriented, detailed driven individual who is passionate about delivering solutions for end users coping with real-world business problems.
- Partner with global Data Science, Product, Engineering, and Business stakeholders to orchestrate the delivery of key initiatives.
- Drive cross-functional team planning and development activities to ensure program tasks can complete on-time and manage constraints around resources, scope and quality.
- You will facilitate the gathering of technical requirements and clarify questions/ambiguities in product requirements. You will close out interpretation gaps before requirements are translated into Epics (Features) or User Stories.
- Identify and manage cross-team technology dependencies and align teams on roadmaps to ensure timely delivery of initiatives.
- Build and manage program plans, Jira dashboards, measure and track programs from concept to delivery.
- Manage reporting. Provide transparency and communication to key stakeholders around program status, risks and change management.
- Proactively identify and remove blockers for the data science team, and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure that software development & Continuous integration/Continuous delivery guidelines (Code Reviews, Unit Tests, Code Coverage) and any other compliance requirements are followed.
- Facilitate ongoing discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution. Determine people, process or technical solutions to address issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline with 5+ years of related technical program management experience.
- Experience program managing a data science/machine learning team.
- Experience program managing large-scale, cross-functional programs related to enterprise systems, API integrations, cloud managed services.
- Strong in agile/scrum processes, project/program planning, organization and time management.
- Strong understanding of data science related technology architecture, concepts, software & product development
- Understand the data science development process and be able to coordinate and orchestrate that with software engineering teams.
- Be data and metrics driven.
- Able to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities. Help teams prioritize and focus.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Master’s degree to higher in Computer Science or related discipline with 7+ years of related technical program management experience.
- Experience in logistics or SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise products.
- Relevant experience supporting common data science software platforms (Airflow, Sagemaker, TensorFlow, Snowflake)
- Experience working with Jira/Confluence
Engineering Culture and Values:
- Check out our Key Values profile
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building a technology platform for global trade that combines advanced technology with data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.