Director of Marketing Analytics, Business Intelligence, & Decision Science
Elastic is growing quickly and the organization is evolving to support more complexity in offerings and go to market motions. In order to achieve results, we use a wide variety of programs that impact different areas of the sales funnel (from branding to pipeline acceleration). A heavy emphasis will be placed on curating existing Elastic Stack users into an engagement for opportunities.
Elastic is looking for a Director of Marketing Analytics, Business Intelligence, & Decision Science to be the strategic owner for all Marketing related data and insight and leading a team that provides strategy, design, implementation, operations, and support for the Marketing function. This position will report into the Marketing Automation & Decision Science leader. This individual will manage a team of analysts and data engineers, and will also be expected to ‘roll-up their sleeves’ and dive into results where needed for senior stakeholders
This is a role intended for someone who is analytically minded, has a deep understanding of marketing optimization, and can work cross-functionally to develop new solutions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for leading, coaching and developing a high-performing team of professionals to provide Marketing best practice analytics and consulting
- Act as a change agent, set the vision and plan for the future of Marketing Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Decision Science. Operationalize and execute on plan with excellence.
- Provide guidance to Executive management and functional leaders on KPI's, metrics, and business decisions including accurate analysis of user and business data
- Develop, track, and enforce consistent data definitions and assumptions across KPI metrics and reporting
- Advise in the usage, interpretation, and automation of data to various business partners including but not limited to recommended tools and software
- Develop and implement strategies to support ongoing data management needs, such as governance, technology shifts, and regulatory compliance changes
- Foster strong and collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, operations, finance, cloud, and marketing to help develop data-informed business strategies and roadmaps
- Implement a measurement and tracking system that enables departmental performance benchmarking against best practices
- Partner with finance team in developing budgets, forecasts, and ad hoc analyses that are informed by data-driven insights and operating metrics
- Develop KPI dashboards for Exec Management use
- Hire, train, and lead a small team of analyst and data engineers and ensure that team meets the reporting and analytical needs of the business users
- 10+ years leading a global data organization driving advanced analytics
- BA or BS degree required
- Track record of successfully driving change and delivering results in ambiguous environments and working in a high performing matrix organization
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to frame business issues and apply data analysis to support real-time decision-making
- Business leader with strong business acumen who has translational capabilities between data analytics and business questions
- Experience with Multi Touch Attribution is required for success in this role, in addition to experience in channel marketing analytics.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, global environment with multiple priorities that require strong project management and decision-making capabilities
- Demonstrated/inspiring leading large-scale change and strategy transformations
- Resourceful and creative must bring fresh insights to a dynamic business environment
- Demonstration of a test and learn framework that was embedded as part of multi-channel execution to inform continuous improvement, learning and business decisions
- Ability to establish mutually productive and positive relationships with internal and external groups
- Experience building and motivating high-performing teams
- Excellent executive presence, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & strong interpersonal skills
- Restless and optimistic; Driven by purpose, fueled by collaborative environments
- Graduate degree in business
- High tech and SaaS experience is an advantage.
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA or MA) preferred. Degree concentration in Marketing Research, Marketing or Social Sciences. Advanced statistical knowledge is a plus