Software Developer - Big Data
Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf seeks a Software Developer - Big Data to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, fresh off its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com).
As we believe in corporate responsibility, Arctic Wolf offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role:
Arctic Wolf Networks is looking for a talented Senior Database Developer to help us revolutionize the way that network security is delivered to businesses. Our hardworking team is passionate about building a cloud-based solution that will solve the real world security problems that IT professionals face.
We use AWS Cloud Services, GitHub, and PostgreSQL.
- Work with team members to deliver customer-facing and internal services
- Participate in the full software development life cycle
- Build well-designed, testable, efficient, secure code
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Document and maintain software functionality
Required Skills and Experience:
- Enjoys solving technical challenges
- 5+ years of continuous experience in a similar role
- Expert at designing and implementing Big Data solutions for high performance and scalability
- Experience with Big Data technologies
- Experience creating and/or maintaining data pipelines
- Experience utilizing and scaling large scale relational databases
- Experience with Go (or any object oriented language)
- Loves coding
- Believes in testing
- Works well within a highly collaborative and functional team
What you will have achieved within a year:
- Revamped and built out the infrastructure for data storage/access for our Endpoint Agent solution
- Acquired knowledge and experience in the Network Security arena
- Delivered cloud solutions
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.