Senior Data Analyst
Redwood City, CA
Course Hero is scaling! Help us build a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared, through innovative applications of Analytics and Data Science.
Are you our dynamic Senior Data Analyst? You will build statistical models, drive meaningful insights, and seek high-impact business problems. You will tell the story behind your insights – painting a picture to our cross-functional partners, explaining what the numbers are telling us, and recommending new and enhanced product features for implementation.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Define and regularly monitor key performance indicators, success metrics, and highlight insights to optimize our user experience across all platforms
- Lead the analytics roadmap for one of our core business units
- Set up and evaluate A/B tests results and push forward next steps at a fast pace
- Deliver reports and strategic insights through analysis and manual data extractions from various ad platforms, data tools, and internal tracking to drive OKRs
- Size the value of different product strategies and initiatives
- Successfully communicate findings to internal and external team members
- Lead research, development, and delivery of analytical models to be used for strategizing and testing new product improvements and features
Are you our next Senior Data Analyst?
- 5+ years of experience conducting quantitative product/business analysis
- Highly proficient with SQL and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) and at least one scripting/statistical language (R, Python preferred)
- Build analytical frameworks to measure team success: partner with cross-functional teams to define success metrics, design approaches to track the data and troubleshoot errors, quantify and evaluate the data, then develop a common language for all colleagues to understand business critical metrics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral. You are able to establish causal relationships and significant insights using statistical methodologies and data
- Hands-on experience with experimentation, including design, implementation, and methodologies (e.g. hypothesis testing and regression analysis) for analyzing and interpreting results to partners
- Experience with statistical modeling using R (tidyverse, ggplot2,dplyr etc.) or Python with packages such as pandas, statsmodels, and scikit-learn
- Experience in querying and manipulating raw datasets for analysis
- Comfortable functioning in spaces with high ambiguity and adapt easily to changing environments
- BS/BA degree in Statistics, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or related quantitative field
- You understand end-to-end user journeys for web platforms and the challenges of handling user funnels that have multiple attribution touchpoints
- Previous experience in the field of education or e-commerce
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.