Senior Data Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
UWorld is a worldwide leader in online test prep for college entrance, undergraduate, graduate, and professional licensing exams throughout the United States. Since 2003, over a million students have trusted us to help them prepare for high-stakes examinations.
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer who is passionate about creating an excellent user experience and enjoy taking on new challenges. The Data Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of our Data Analytics and the Data warehouse platform.
- Masters/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5 - 8 years of experience as a Data Engineer with experience in Data Analysis, ingestion, cleansing, validation, verification, and presentation (Reports/Dashboards)
- 5+ years of working knowledge/experience utilizing the following: Python, Spark/PySpark, Big Data Platforms (Data bricks/Delta Lake), REST services, and MS SQL Server/MySQL, MongoDB, Unix/Linux Shell scripting, Azure Cloud and machine learning.
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL, and Relational Databases (MS SQL Server/MySQL/Oracle). Experience with Tableau/Power BI, NoSQL (MongoDB), and Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with REST API, Web Services, JSON, Build and Deployment pipelines (Maven, Ansible, Git), and Cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCS) is desirable.
The software developer will perform the following duties:
- Understand data services and analytics needs across the organization and work on the data warehouse and reporting infrastructure to empower them with accurate information for decision-making.
- Develop and maintain a data warehouse that aggregates data from multiple content sources, including Salesforce, NoSQL DBs, RDBMS, social media, other 3rd party web services (RESTful, JSON), flat-file stores, and application databases (OLTPs).
- Use Python, Spark/PySpark, Data Bricks, Delta Lake, SQL Server, Maria DB, Mongo DB, Jira, Git/Bit Bucket, Confluence, Data Bricks/Delta Lake, REST services, Tableau, Unix/Linux shell scripting, and Azure Cloud for data ingestion, processing, transformations, warehousing, and reporting.
- Develop scalable data pipelines using Data connectors, distributed processing transformations, schedulers, and data warehouse
- Understanding of data structures, analytics, data modeling, and software architecture
- Develop, modify, and test algorithms that can be used in scripts to store, locate, cleanse, verify, validate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information
- Develop analytics to understand product sales, marketing impact, and application usage for UWorld products and applications
- Employ best practices for code sharing and development to ensure common code base abstraction across all applications. Continuously be up to date on the industry standard practices on big data and analytics and adopt solutions to the UWorld data warehousing platform.
- Work with QA engineers to ensure the quality and reliability of all reports, extracts, and dashboards by process of continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with technical architects, developers, subject matter experts, QA team, and customer care team to drive new enhancements or fix bugs in a timely manner.
- Work in an agile environment such as Scrum
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills and ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to work effectively within a changing environment that is going through high growth
- Exceptional follow-through, personal drive, and ability to understand direction and feedback
- Positive attitude with a willingness to put aside ego for the sake of what is best for the team
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile Ansible APIs Architecture AWS Azure Big Data Computer Science Data analysis Data Analytics Databricks Data pipelines Data warehouse Data Warehousing Git Jira JSON Kafka Linux Machine Learning Maven MongoDB MS SQL MySQL NoSQL Oracle Pipelines Power BI PySpark Python RDBMS REST API Scrum Shell scripting Spark SQL Tableau Testing
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Colombo, Western Province, Sri … Colombo, Western Province, Sri Lanka Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 73K - 120K * USD 73K+ *
Technical Lead - Data engineer (Azure)Architecture Azure Databricks Data quality Data warehouse Data Warehousing ELT +9
Career development Flex hours Startup environment Transparency
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs