Clinical Data Specialist-Temp
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required.
The Clinical Data Specialist/ Coder - Pre Claims is responsible for the accurate and timely work to effect filing of Insurance claims. Qualified individual will demonstrate clinical claims detailed knowledge, coding and delivering resolutions to missing/ incomplete order data. This person will identify invalid clinical values to help drive clean claims and revenue pull through on all products and services.
This position will support the Revenue Cycle function and report to the Front End Manager of Revenue Cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify order and reimbursement deficiencies - both clinical and code related
- Investigate and correct, where appropriate, deficient clinical claim information
-Identify and escalate missing, and sometimes invalid, clinical order data for timely contact resolution with supporting cross functional teams
- Partner with multiple internal cross-functional teams and successfully manage multiple product projects simultaneously.
-Research claim and account information using various systems and portals internal and external
-Stay current with relevant medical billing regulations, rules and guidelines
-Complete position responsibilities within the appropriate time frame while adhering to quality standards
-Ability to interact with various insurances/ third party payors accurately and timely to ensure that authorizations are obtained and necessary documents are available for claim support based on internal and external policies and regulations
- Participate in clinical data management activities including leading clinical data initiatives, analysis and optimization of our clinical data capture workflows
- Translate data into meaningful information and knowledge that supports decision making or determining action that drives performance improvement and quality
- Identifies and uses internal and external sources of information for benchmarking and comparative performance, which includes networking with clinical communities, researching literature and agencies, and staying current on new indicators and other requirements
-Act as SME for multiple purposes where coding and clinical operations data is relevant
- Support and comply with the company’s policies and procedures.
-Maintains strictest confidentiality, and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
-Perform analytical and special projects, prepare ad hoc reports/data queries as may be assigned/requested, working with leadership
- Bachelor degree in relevant field is preferred
- 3+ years professional coding experience with current certification including International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10) and Coding Procedure Terminology (CPT) and HCPCS coding.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Certified coder designation/ certification by NHA, AHIMA or AAPC
- Superior organization skills, detail oriented, and ability to be persistent and follow through
- Problem-solving, ability to adapt, flexibility in approaches to accomplishing tasks, and ability to independently arrive at creative solutions to problems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, particularly the ability to convey technical information in an accessible and understandable manner
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with individuals from various disciplines
- 5+ years of experience coding in the medical/healthcare billing area- Lab a plus
- Any years of experience in the revenue cycle function to include third party payer experience.
- Thorough understanding of professional coding, documentation, medical billing processes.
- Deep familiarity with payer/insurance Medical policy, Prior Auth, claims, appeals and reimbursement processes.
- Knowledge and familiarization with Medicare billing regulations and reimbursement methodologies for Laboratory
Pay Range: The pay range for this role is $64,800-$97,200. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
The pay range is listed and actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.Colorado $64,800—$97,200 USD
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
More jobs like this
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, … Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 70K - 85K USD 70K+
Product Specialist (Data Analytics)Agile Computer Science Data Analytics Data governance Data warehouse Engineering Excel +9
Health care Insurance Medical leave
Nashville, Tennessee, United States … Nashville, Tennessee, United States - Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
Data EngineerAgile Azure Computer Science Data Analytics Data pipelines Data quality Data warehouse +11
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care +3
Denver, CO, United States Denver, CO, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 200K USD 115K+
Lead Data Architect (AWS, Azure, GCP)Airflow AWS Azure Consulting Databricks Dataflow Data governance +15
401(k) matching Career development Fertility benefits Health care Insurance +1
Remote - USA Remote - USA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
Lead Data Engineer (Remote Positions Available)Agile AWS Business Intelligence Data analysis Data management Data pipelines Data warehouse +17
401(k) matching Career development Gear Health care Home office stipend +4
Denver, CO, United States Denver, CO, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K USD 115K+
Data Architect (AWS, Azure, GCP)Airflow AWS Azure Consulting Databricks Dataflow Data governance +15
401(k) matching Career development Fertility benefits Health care Insurance +1
Columbus, OH, United States Columbus, OH, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 180K * USD 115K+ *
Lead Data Engineer (AWS, Azure, GCP)AWS Azure Big Data BigQuery CI/CD Databricks Data pipelines +25
Career development Fertility benefits Health care Insurance Wellness
Sydney, New South Wales, … Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 44K - 83K * USD 44K+ *
Backend Engineer - Machine Learning ML Platform - Open to remote across ANZAWS Computer Science CUDA Distributed Systems ECS Engineering GPU +8
Career development Fitness / gym Flex hours Parental leave Pet friendly +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs