Principal Data Analyst, AV Performance Analysis
MotionalMotional harnesses deep industry experience in our mission to develop and deploy autonomous vehicles and to make driverless technology safe and reliable.
The Principal Data Analyst is part of the AV Performance Analysis (Triage) team under the COO organization. This role will champion the performance insights, metrics reporting and data driven decision making in support of the development of our autonomous driving technology. This role is expected to uniquely cross-cut across segments of Product Development, Software and Hardware Engineering, Systems, Safety, Testing and Operations -- providing the Motional leadership and senior management key perspectives into the performance of our self-driving tech. This principal engineer position will lead a dedicated team of Data Analysts, Scientists and Specialists to help deliver on the metrics charter.
- Accountable for innovatively developing vision for various tiers of metrics -- ranging from measuring Autonomy Performance, Onboard Infrastructure Stability, Fleet Utilization, Process Efficiency to Product and Operational Safety.
- Be the primary owner of storytelling AV Performance using dashboards, metrics and underlying data. Maintain the uptime, data fidelity and quality of these critical dashboards.
- Partner closely with the AV Performance and Global Operations leadership to develop a holistic strategy around measurement of the team success KPIs, feeding them into the top level OKR design process.
- Proactively communicate insights and contribute to leadership, board review and team presentations.
- Study the Product Development and Technical Programs roadmaps to understand the evolution of Motional’s business and use that to convert the data insights into actionable recommendations.
- Lead a team of Data Analysts, Scientists and Specialists to plan the execution of metrics vision across AV Performance, cross fading into Test Engineering and Operational domains.
- Participate and lead cross functional discussions with Autonomy, Safety and Operations to propose, ideate and build analytics, projection models in support of solving business problems.
- Actively collaborate with the tooling and web application teams to act as a Product Owner on providing the requirements in support of the metrics use-cases.
- Act as an expert on Motional’s distributed data sources and partner with Data Engineering stakeholders on data warehousing / modeling requirements.
- Function as the primary lead person for running the team’s sprints, meetings and organizational outreach.
- Ensure all projects and work streams are set up for success and are on schedule -- ensure staff is available, accountable, and well allocated across workstreams.
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork across locations is the norm.
- Travel domestically.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering -- such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Robotics, or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- 5+ years of total professional experience working on safety-critical and complex systems such as -- Robotics, Automotive, Medical Devices or Defense / Aerospace Technologies.
- 2+ years of dedicated professional experience in the field of Autonomous Technology such as -- Self-Driving Vehicles, ADAS or Package Delivery and Micro-mobility Solutions.
- Proven and successful track record leading, managing a team of engineers in support of business critical initiatives.
- Experience with software engineering concepts such as requirements analysis, source control, build processes, and design reviews.
- Experience with using scripting languages such as Python, SQL, R in solving Autonomous Technology problems.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to think logically and remove bias from evaluation of problems.
- Experience using issue tracking, configuration management tools (E.g: Atlassian Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Git).
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with business intelligence methodologies and a strong understanding of statistics.
- Experience with systems verification and validation techniques.
- Experience with trunk based software development and release management principles.
- Experience with automotive standards (E.g: ISO 12207, ISO 26262, ISO 21448).
- Experience with software quality management and assurance activities (E.g: IATF 16949, ISO 9001).
- Thorough understanding of robotics systems including sensors, actuators, mechatronics and software systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and at times for long periods; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Travel Requirements (greater than 20%): Expected to travel for 2-3 weeks each quarter visiting all of our testing sites - mostly to Las Vegas, but also domestically as needed for the business.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, road conditions, and pedestrian traffic. The team member is regularly exposed to mechanical and computer parts. The team member is occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles. The noise level in the environment is low to moderate. When traveling, the team members will be exposed to airports, airplanes, hotels and public transportation environments.
Motional AD LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and we welcome all qualified applicants. All applicants will receive impartial consideration regarding race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or another legally protected status. Motional AD LLC is a Drug-free workplace.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.Salary Range$164,100—$222,200 USD
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Remote, Irvine, CA (HQ) Remote, Irvine, CA (HQ) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 142K - 250K USD 142K+
Manager, Data Analytics (Remote)Business Intelligence Data Analytics Engineering Mathematics OKR Predictive modeling Snowflake +2
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex vacation Health care +5
remote, REMOTE, United States remote, REMOTE, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 51K - 93K USD 51K+
Adtalem Global Education
Senior Data Analyst, Marketing & EnrollmentBigQuery Business Intelligence Data governance Data visualization Engineering Finance KPIs +5
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +3
East Windsor, NJ, United … East Windsor, NJ, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 92K - 130K * USD 92K+ *
HEDIS Data Analyst @ SpectraMedix, East Windsor, New Jersey (REMOTE / HYBRID)Data analysis Data Analytics Python SQL Tableau
Fitness / gym Health care Salary bonus Team events
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs