Boston Red Sox Analyst
Boston Red SoxWork for the Red Sox! Find out about open positions within the baseball club.
Location: Boston, MA
Department: Baseball Operations
The Boston Red Sox are seeking an Analyst for the team’s Baseball Analytics department. The role will support all areas of Baseball Operations while working closely with Director of Baseball Analytics, and our team of analysts.
This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, intellectually curious environment and to impact player evaluation, acquisition, development and strategic decision making.
- Statistical modeling and quantitative analysis of a variety of data sources, for the purpose of player evaluation, strategic decision-making, decision analysis, etc.
- Effectively present analyses through the use of written reports and data visualization to disseminate insights to members of the Baseball Operations leadership.
- Maintain working expertise of leading-edge analytics, including publicly available research and novel statistical approaches, in order to recommend new or emerging techniques, technologies, models, and algorithms.
- Other projects and related duties as directed by the Director, Baseball Analytics, and other members of Baseball Operations leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as statistics, predictive analytics, data science, engineering, applied math, physics, quantitative social sciences, computer science, computer vision, or operations research.
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in one of the aforementioned fields preferred.
- Advanced understanding of statistical methods or machine learning techniques.
- Proficiency with modern database technologies including SQL.
- Demonstrated experience with programming languages (e.g., R or Python).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences using data visualization.
- Attention to detail while also having the ability to work quickly and balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours is a must.
- Other programming and database skills are a plus.
The Red Sox (or FSM) requires proof of being up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to applicable legal requirements. Up-to-date means having received all recommended COVID-19 vaccination doses in the primary series and a booster dose(s) when eligible, per CDC guidelines.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.
More jobs like this
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, … Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 70K - 85K USD 70K+
Product Specialist (Data Analytics)Agile Computer Science Data Analytics Data governance Data warehouse Engineering Excel +9
Health care Insurance Medical leave
Remote, Irvine, CA (HQ) Remote, Irvine, CA (HQ) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 142K - 250K USD 142K+
Manager, Data Analytics (Remote)Business Intelligence Data Analytics Engineering Mathematics OKR Predictive modeling Snowflake +2
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex vacation Health care +5
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs