Senior Product Manager, Data Ops
Panorama EducationPanorama Education helps educators act on data to improve student outcomes in social-emotional learning, school climate, family engagement, MTSS & more.
Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 2,000 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the role:
Panorama has a big-picture vision to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data and improve their practice.
As Senior Product Manager, Data Operations, you will work to scale our approach to maintaining integration pipelines and will ensure a reliable flow of student data into Panorama’s products. Educators depend on our integrations to utilize data from other systems to inform student support. This Product Manager will develop new ways for our client users and internal teams to maintain integrations, resolve issues, and prevent problems before they arise, leading to a more reliable experience for our users.
You will work cross-functionally with other teams - including our Client Success, Teaching & Learning, Account Management, Finance, Marketing, and Sales teams - to meet business goals and develop a vision for how we support the needs of our users and a strategy to get us there. Specifically, you will drive product innovation and execution to ensure that we can scale our support model and ensure that educators across the country always have access to the most up-to-date data about their students.
- Develop a vision and strategy for evolving Panorama’s approach and technical offerings around data operations, integration support and data freshness.
- Build and evolve a successful execution strategy, working with your design and engineering counterparts to align individuals and teams in the product area to themes of work.
- Partner with other teams to build a change management and rollout plan for successful launch of new features and functionality.
- Take input from executive and product leadership, architects, internal business experts, consultants, and user research to create user stories and technical requirements that align with client needs.
- Through research, listening, and discussion, become Panorama’s expert in the challenges of and opportunities for improving user management in the K-12 education space across Panorama’s products.
- Spend time talking to district leaders and technical users across the country, understanding their challenges and validating that our solutions help solve their problems.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager, strategy consultant, business analyst, or other related role.
- Experience related to APIs, ETL and other data-sharing technologies
- Ability to develop a strategy: Starting with high-level questions, ability to structure and scope the problem space, break the problems down into their components, and set up and validate strategic choices
- Strong analytical ability to derive actionable insights from large datasets and define valuable product metrics to back up assumptions and inform decision-making
- Ideation experience, particularly experience using various techniques to generate, flesh out, and validate new ideas, and engaging other stakeholders in these approaches
- Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly, and inclusively, in a way that generates enthusiasm and invites feedback and engagement
- Strong project management skills: the ability to backwards-map from an outcome to plan the steps to get there, and then successfully convey this plan to others
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Engineering Manager, Machine Learning - Computer Vision (Remote)AWS CAD Computer Vision Engineering GCP Machine Learning Python +1
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +6
Senior/Staff Data Scientist, Machine Learning - Support (NLP & Causal Inference)A/B testing BERT Causal inference Computer Science Economics Engineering Excel +12
Career development Equity Parental leave Startup environment Wellness
Staff Data Scientist, Machine Learning - Advertising ScienceA/B testing Causal inference Deep Learning Economics Excel Machine Learning ML models +7
Career development Equity Parental leave Startup environment Wellness
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs