Director Data Operations
Beyond Finance is a next generation financial services company. Our goal is to provide financial peace of mind to our clients by giving them simple and transparent financial products that are customized to their individual circumstances.
We're in constant pursuit of new collaborators that will help us get to the next level. Our workforce includes celebrated, diverse talents working towards the common objective of developing something transformational for the debt relief industry.
Our team spirit and culture are what set us apart as a company. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it.
About The Role
As the leader of the Data Operations team, you’ll be ensuring the operations and efficiency of areas such as data pipelines, analytics platform, BI tool and data delivery. You’ll be providing care and feeding to these systems to ensure they are current and kept up to date, and operating with high efficiency. You’ll be a combination of a builder, operator, and thought leader of a team of people who will have multiple skills and breadth of experience.
What You'll Do
- Help ensure the data pipelines are operating when they should without error. Help diagnose the issues and proposed structural changes to items which fail.
- Ensure SQL across the platform is using the latest and greatest views of the data.
- Provide the first line of support with operational requests which come in.
- Be the maintainer of accounts including creating and dropping of accounts and changes to roles and privileges.
- Proactively monitor the health of our systems and tools to ensure operating efficiency and data is delivered when it needs to.
- Identify unused objects and take the steps to deprecate them appropriately.
- Create proactive alerts and monitors to find data anomalies and research the root cause.
- As the leader, assess needs and skills for the team and recruit for a high performing team.
- Partner with the other leaders of BI and Data Engineering to ensure smooth knowledge transfer and working relationships; partner with other members of the company as needed.
What We Look For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field or equivalent work experience
- Management experience where you’re leading by doing and can coach individuals on your team bringing them up to speed.
- Experience using analytics platforms and BI tools
- Steller ability to troubleshoot issues and attempt to resolve the issue. Coordinate issues with the other teams so a root cause can be identified and created.
- Demonstrated good understanding of how data flows throughout a company and can talk to data governance as each phase.
- Excellent SQL experience with working through complex queries.
- Owning the on-call rotation
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired, and ambiguity is the norm
- Ability to coach / mentor other team members as appropriate
- Nice to have Python language experience.
We are looking for great people to join a fast-paced, growing, and innovative business. For eligible fulltime employees, we offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental and vision programs
- Generous personal time-off
- 401(K) match
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
More importantly, our team spirit and culture are what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world-class company that loves what we do…and we have fun doing it!
*Beyond Finance is an equal opportunity Employer*
Beyond Finance does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job positions. No fee will be paid to their parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Beyond Finance employees or the Beyond Finance Finance and HR teams. No placement fee will be paid to any third party unless such a request has been made by the Beyond Finance HR team.
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs