Sr. Product Manager - Autonomous Vehicle Hardware
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do:
As a Sr. Product Manager you will be responsible for developing and executing Torc's autonomous vehicle strategy based on understanding of user needs, customer and partner requirements, and industry trends. You will define what success looks like for Torc's autonomous vehicle composed of a redundant chassis. This role will direct every stage of the product lifecycle including R&D, testing, and positioning to ensure a technically feasible autonomous vehicle is developed that meets user and customer needs as well as business objectives within provided constraints. Product Managers at Torc use their outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to convey a clear product vision and establish strong interfaces between all product stakeholders including product strategy, legal, product development, suppliers, partners, other product management and cross-functional teams. Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead development of the product strategy and market requirements for Torc's next generation vehicle.
- Work closely with Torc's customers to understand the vehicle needs for their operation.
- Work with Torc's product development team to design, build and test feature concepts with users before final requirements are defined.
- Closely collaborate with Torc's OEM partner and component suppliers to ensure the integrated autonomous vehicle meets the underlying product vision and requirements
- Identify product development related risks and facilitate resolution of blockers with stakeholders.
- Manage and guide the AV product team through the go-to-market process t. clear market positioning and a successful launch.
- Work closely with AD Kit product manager to make sure vision and timing is aligned.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline (Masters preferred).
- Experience developing and managing projects with complex hardware and software integration.
- Experience working with/for automotive component suppliers and/or OEM's (Class 8 Truck OEM preferred).
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in the mechanical, electrical, software and systems domains.
- Experience developing and/or integrating autonomous vehicles.
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
Other jobs like this
Data Architect (Senior Staff Software Developer, Data - Remote)Agile Business Intelligence Data analysis Data strategy Engineering Kafka KPIs Looker Microservices Python +5
Career development Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Parental leave +2
Lead Data Analyst, Sales OperationsAgile Business Intelligence Consulting Data Analytics Data visualization Economics Engineering Finance KPIs Python +3
401(k) matching Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex vacation +5
Manager, Machine Learning EngineeringDeep Learning Engineering Keras Machine Learning ML NLP Python PyTorch Research TensorFlow +1
401(k) matching Career development Equity Parental leave Wellness
Director, Data Engineering and ArchitectureBlockchain Business Intelligence Data pipelines Engineering ETL Excel Security UX
Career development Health care Startup environment Team events
Senior Project Manager, GCP Data EngineeringAgile Athena AWS BigQuery Business Intelligence Consulting Dataflow Elasticsearch Engineering ETL +8
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs