Full Stack Software Engineer, Data Sciences & BI Experiences
Mountain View, United States
AtlassianMillions of users globally rely on Atlassian products every day for improving software development, project management, collaboration, and code quality.
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Job DescriptionAre you passionate about building elegant systems that can power Atlassian products with modern big data technologies?
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Analytics Platform Engineering Team and build world-class data solutions to power Atlassian products. The focus will be to build internal systems to help Atlassians make crucial business decisions throughout the organization.On a typical day, you will work closely with other software engineers and architects sparring on ideas, pair programming, peer-reviewing, and at the same time delivering your own work with a strong focus on quality and timeliness. At times, you may be required to work closely with Atlassians in other disciplines from legal, marketing, product management, designers, support, and so on.
A successful Software Engineer will have a direct positive impact on users of Atlassian products. Your innovation, leadership, craft, and timely deliveries will ensure that new products and features are delivered with top-notch quality and reliability.
More about youAs a software engineer in the Data Science and BI Experiences team, you will have the opportunity to apply your strong technical experience building highly reliable services to serve other Atlassians. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and you are able to take vague requirements and transform them into solid solutions. You are motivated by solving challenging problems, where creativity is as crucial as your ability to write code.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Expertise in handling complex problems in a distributed and big data environment
- Experience building services from the ground up – gathering requirements, design, build, deploy, and ownership.
- Ability to lead a project from the beginning until completion
- A passion for mentoring and sharing knowledge with other developers
- An open mind to try solutions that may seem crazy at first
- Familiarity with cloud architecture patterns and an engineering discipline to produce software with quality, performance, scalability, reliability, high availability, and operational excellence.
- Strong knowledge working on Amazon Web Services (in particular using S3, SQS, Kinesis, Glue, and the like)
- Strong knowledge in modern big data query engines (Spark) and storage (parquet, Delta).
- Be a strong advocate of writing clean code and tests
- Be an effective collaborator with other engineers to come up with solutions
It's preferred, but not technically required, that you have:
- Experience in data modeling
- Knowledge of Cloud formation, Terraform, Ansible
- Experience building self-service tooling and platforms
- Strong knowledge of DevOps
- Prior knowledge in working under Databricks environment
- Passionate about agile practices in software development
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
Other jobs like this
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Visual SafetyComputer Vision Engineering Machine Learning Python PyTorch Statistics TensorFlow
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Data Architect (Senior Staff Software Developer, Data - Remote)Agile Business Intelligence Data analysis Data strategy Engineering Kafka KPIs Looker Microservices Python +5
Career development Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Parental leave +2
Software Engineer II, AI ResearchComputer Vision Deep Learning Docker Engineering Google Cloud Machine Learning Microservices ML Open Source Python +6
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs