Research Engineer III
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
MotionalMotional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Duties: Draw on experience and skills/knowledge with Machine Learning, Python/C++, deep learning frameworks like PyTorch, and proven track records in patent and/or publications to design deep neural networks for autonomous vehicle stack. Design, train, and analyze neural networks for object detection, image segmentation, sensor fusion, tracking and behavioral prediction. Drive new research ideas from conception and experimentation to product development. Conduct experiments, write reports, and contribute to patents and publications. Publish research in relevant conferences (Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR)). Utilize experience in
automotive or other real-time and embedded systems to develop software for autonomous vehicles. Develop algorithms using Python and C++.
Requirements: Master’s degree in computer engineering, computer vision or a closely related field plus 2 years of experience reflecting demonstrable ability in the skill sets described above. The position is eligible for employee referral program.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Other jobs like this
Workplace Health and Safety Research Scientist, Safety Sentiment TeamComputer Vision Econometrics Machine Learning PhD Python R Research SQL
Career development Flex hours
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Visual SafetyComputer Vision Engineering Machine Learning Python PyTorch Statistics TensorFlow
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Research Scientist I, Consumer PaymentsAWS Big Data Data analysis Data Mining Engineering Industrial Machine Learning ML PhD Predictive modeling +5
Career development Competitive pay Relocation support Startup environment
Data Architect (Senior Staff Software Developer, Data - Remote)Agile Business Intelligence Data analysis Data strategy Engineering Kafka KPIs Looker Microservices Python +5
Career development Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Parental leave +2
Software Engineer II, AI ResearchComputer Vision Deep Learning Docker Engineering Google Cloud Machine Learning Microservices ML Open Source Python +6
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs