Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Lightspeed CommerceThe one-stop commerce platform for retail, hospitality and golf merchants around the world to simplify, scale and provide exceptional customer experiences.
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by
Love digging deep into data and visualizing stories? Here's an amazing opportunity for you!
Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Data Analyst to join our Corporate Data Team. By analyzing and optimizing operational data, you'll accelerate and improve our ability to make decisions by ensuring we have access to timely and accurate information. If you love digging into the root causes of problems, finding patterns, and working with multiple teams, then this is the role for you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Gather requirements and translate business problems into structured quantitative problems
- Directly work with functional departments to draw out business insights from the analytical output, derive business recommendations, and present them through compelling data stories and visualizations
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders and team members to design accurate and relevant datasets, reports, dashboards, and analysis for operational and strategic initiatives
- Perform data reconciliation/manipulation tasks and identify opportunities for automation and integrity/consistency checks
- Apply and promote data governance rules by coaching stakeholders on the discovery, access, and utilization of data assets
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Advanced SQL skills (Asset: Experience with BigQuery and GCP)
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business needs into data requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Looker or other BI tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Strong expertise with data analysis
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRMs
- Bachelor degree in Business Technology Management, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or any other related fields
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with Python, R or other programming language
- Professional experience in a Business Analyst or Data Analyst role
- Interest in technology
Who you are
- Ability to multitask
- Great at understanding business context
- Willingness to learn new data systems.
- Ability to take directions and to communicate issues.
- Ability to work independently
- Great attention to data accuracy and integrity
- You are self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace a rapidly changing environment with the ability to manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Strong analytical skills and organizational skills
What’s in it for you
- Join a recently created data team and help us move to the next level
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Constant development of both your data skill-set and business acumen with limitless growth opportunities
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Innovation time to explore and learn at work
- Shaping the company by joining cultural & technical committees
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
…. And enjoy a range of benefits that will keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry.
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners).
- Unlimited paid time off policy.
- Health insurance.
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year.
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents.
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services.
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!
Other jobs like this
Senior Analyst, Worldwide Commercial Insights, Analytics and Data ScienceBusiness Intelligence Data visualization Economics Engineering Excel Finance Machine Learning Power BI Python SQL +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs