Oak Ridge, TN
Requisition Id 8409
Overview and Purpose:
The Computational Urban Sciences Group in the Advanced Computing Methods for Engineered Systems Section of the Computational Science and Engineering Division seeks to hire a Data Engineer to serve in a role that focuses on large-scale urban informatics and engineering including but not limited to the design and development of tools for urban infrastructure modeling, optimization, and simulation.
The Computational Urban Sciences Group is highly multi-disciplinary and the engagement is expected to expose the candidate to a variety of scientific domains such as urban health, urban disasters in the context of weather and climate, urban networks in the context of power grid, transportation, waterways, and supply chain supernetworks while building up from core computing application areas that include big-data, machine learning, network theory, intelligent visual analytics, high-performance computing, and distributed computing.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Planning, managing, controlling and data processing on assigned projects.
- Mobilizing and leading the data track of projects with a focus on common deliverables, goals and timelines.
- Developing high-scale, robust data sets with special focus on the state-of-the-art solutions for urban systems.
- Interfacing with research teams to understand data needs and providing subject matter expertise.
- Communicating specifics about the data models, query optimizations, and schema interpretation to research teams, and other team members
- Designing, building and launching new data/study marts for the major national research programs.
- Designing, building and launching new data quality, data extraction, transformation and loading processes.
- Designing and developing architectures for intake, curation, organization, and dissemination of data in support of data science and related disciplines.
• Designing and development of high-performance database architectures.
- Researching and evaluating the state-of-the-art data and information management technologies.
- Working on a variety of data assignments; collaborate with scientists and engineers, and expect to produce reliable data products and systems.
- Work in secure enclaves and open computing environments on a wide variety of applied areas.
- Managing version control systems (Git and data archiving)
- M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field
- 2+ years of experience with healthcare data
- Familiarity with Big Data (structured and unstructured datasets)
- Demonstrated experience with collecting, organizing, storing, and preparing data analysis analyses
- Ability to conduct tasks independently and communicate effectively to team members and stakeholders
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Ability to work on multiple projects at any given time
- Experience with heath care informatics, and clinical data is highly desired
- Ability to communicate and work on diverse and interdisciplinary teams.
Moving can be overwhelming and expensive. UT-Battelle offers a generous relocation package to ease the transition process. Domestic and international relocation assistance is available for certain positions. If invited to interview, be sure to ask your Recruiter (Talent Acquisition Partner) for details.
For more information about our benefits, working here, and living here, visit the “About” tab at jobs.ornl.gov.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs