Applied Scientist, Alexa AI, Alexa AI
Manhattan Beach, California, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Amazon is looking for a creative Applied Scientist to tackle some of the most interesting problems on the leading edge of information retrieval (IR) and machine learning (ML) with our Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) team.
Alexa AI aims to reinvent search and information retrieval for a voice-forward, multi-modal future.
We enable customers to interact with unstructured and semi-structured content via a broad range of customer experiences including question answering, summarization, search, and multi-turn dialogues.
Key job responsibilities
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop innovative solutions to deep technical problems having a massive customer impact, this might be the role for you!
As an Applied Scientist, you will work with smart, passionate colleagues in a fast-paced environment.
You will develop and help deploy novel, scalable algorithms to advance the state-of-the-art in technology areas at the intersection of IR and ML.
You will keep up with relevant research in the field of IR and publish your work in top-tier conferences.
You will contribute to a multi-year research roadmap, enabling the team to focus on the right technical challenges to delight our customers.
- PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
- 2+ years of experience in building machine learning models
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- PhD/MS in Computer Science, Machine Learning, NLP, Speech or a related quantitative field
- Experience with at least one deep learning framework
- Experience programming in Python as well as at least one low-level language, e.g. Rust, C, C++
- 2+ years postdoc or industry experience
- Experience in building information retrieval, machine learning, and natural language processing systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Publications in top-tier IR, ML, and NLP conferences and journals
- Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
- Ability to convey mathematical results to non-science stakeholders
- Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning - Search & RecommendationA/B testing Deep Learning Economics Engineering Excel Machine Learning ML PhD Python Research +2
Career development Parental leave Startup environment Wellness
Data Scientist, Safe HavenBigQuery Consulting Data visualization Economics Engineering GCP Looker PySpark Python R +6
401(k) matching Equity Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation +7
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs