Freelance Contract Market Research and Data Analyst , Guadalajara, Mexico
Remote - Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
EuromonitorEuromonitor is the world's leading independent provider of strategic market research. Get data and analysis on thousands of products and services globally.
This position is for self-employed contract work only. All work is coordinated remotely from anywhere in Guadalajara, Mexico. Experience in market research, data estimates / manipulation, and in-depth interviews are key.
Euromonitor International seeks a self-employed Market Research Analysts to research and report on Services & Payments in Canada. This analyst is tasked with project-based work and employed on a contract basis, working for project managers based in one of Euromonitor’s offices in the Americas. It is a role which suits self-starting individuals who are available for 35-40 hour per week assignments and who are looking for the flexibility of contract work and the challenge of reporting on consumer markets. You would be involved in all aspects of the research process, such as personal secondary source information gathering, trade interviewing, visits to stores, report writing, and data manipulation, validation and analysis.
Our research addresses the following types of question in order to deliver insightful business intelligence:
- How much fruit juice was sold in your country in 2021? Why did sales increase/decline over the previous year?
- What companies are the leading players in the shampoo category? What share of sales is held by the leading brands?
- Is there a market for this product in X country? What channels could it be sold through? How should the product be positioned to maximize its potential?
- Why is company X doing better than company Y? What strategy is being employed and how is this supported operationally?
- You are able to work from home, are comfortable with contract work, and have access to a personal computer and the Internet.
- You would be available to work 35-40 hours a week on our projects
- You would be prepared to be involved in all aspects of our research process, including personal visits to stores, to secondary source information gathering, interviewing industry experts, putting together data estimates, and report writing
- You enjoy problem-solving, are able to work independently, are an open communicator, pay attention to deadlines, and are tenacious in your pursuit of information
- Creating and analyzing large volumes of market data (MS-Excel) and qualitative information.
- Reviewing and collecting information from secondary sources
- Availability to work throughout the year based on project requirements - likely to require 35 -40 hr per week depending on team needs
- Conducting interviews with key players along the value chain: manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, associations, government, etc.
- Perform retail audits of major retailers and stores around Canada.
- Researching and recruiting contacts for interviews. Networking to create long-term links with the industry is key.
- Generating MS-Word and PowerPoint reports in English.
- Strong communication skills - conducting interviews with industry players is a key part of the role
- High level of numeracy, ability to work with, analyze, and interpret data
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interest in market research and tenacity in the pursuit of information
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to find strong industry contacts.
- Fluency in English (reporting) and the local language (research).
- Excellent time-management, organization and self-motivation skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to unexpected changes in project scope, starting dates, etc.
- Disposition to visit local stores to capture relevant product information and to discuss the industry with key staff.
Note: When a project that fits your background and skills becomes available we would contact you with an offer to work in that specific project for a given amount of weeks and pay you after you complete the required deliverables. Our projects require 6-8 hours of daily work. There are time gaps between projects and we cannot know beforehand how often we will engage you.
Continuous training in our market research methodologies via online courses and selected live training sessions.
- Collaboration with an international team across Americas and beyond.
- The ability to contribute to research projects for top multinationals.
- The opportunity to develop and position yourself as a local market research expert.
- Flexible hours from the comfort of your home
Please attach a copy of your current CV. Please give an indication of your salary expectations.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs