Data Scientist, Consumer Payments
HopperHopper analyzes billions of prices daily to predict how prices will change, and tells you whether to buy or wait. Save up to 40% on your next flight.
We are looking for a DS with several years of experience and a background in experiments and causality. Understanding of hypothesis testing, causality (including the use of causal inference experimentation methods), and simple statistical modeling are the traits we are looking for. Data obsession is always wanted. As the DS leader for the Payments Vertical, you would be a great fit for our team if you’re a self-starter who thrives on uncertainty, and who’s passionate about exploring the intersection of real business problems with huge (and often messy) data sets, and finding effective ways to simplify and focus on practical opportunities to deliver value to our customers. To succeed at Hopper you need the talent, drive, and experience to thrive in a highly performing company.
The vision of the payments team is to provide a magical and frictionless payment experience to our customers. We will do this by supporting all the major payment methods (‘unlocking choice’), optimizing our payment stack (‘frictionless payments’) and unifying and powering all payments flows at Hopper (Flights, Hotels, Homes, Rental Cars, Attractions & more) as well as our Hopper Cloud offering (Whitelabel solution).
Our long term vision is to remove any financial barriers to travel and truly make travel accessible to everyone. It’s cheaper, better and easier to purchase travel with Hopper!
- Identify the impact driven by launching new Payment Methods, improving our payment stack and marketing the newly launched payment methods
- Own & implement a smart payment routing logic catering to global transactions.
- Frame and conduct complex exploratory analyses needed to deepen our understanding of Hopper users
- Have ownership of the full data science lifecycle, including partnering with product, engineering and business teams to deliver customer focused products.
- Use machine learning and big data tools on large and complex data sets to enhance our data-driven, personalized travel advice
- Create advanced dashboards for product experiment tracking and business unit performance analysis using Amplitude, Tableau and BigQuery/Google sheets
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills and experience with Causal methods
- Experience in Product Experimentation, XPs on funnel
- Able to design, create and measure consumer facing experiments
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- Strong ability to communicate models and insights to stakeholders
- Ability to break down complex business problems down to the data drivers
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience in Pandas, Python or other tools appropriate for large scale data preparation and analysis
- 3-5 years of experience as a Data scientist
- Experience with business reporting tools such as Tableau, Amplitude
- A strong passion for and extensive experience conducting empirical research and answering hard questions with data
- Comfortable collaborating with engineering to identify and own data science implementations in production
- Experience with complex experimental design
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace - one that enables our customers to save money and travel better. It’s cheaper to purchase travel with Hopper!
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 60 million times and sees over 1.9 million new installs per month. Our revenue growth is up 330% versus 2020 as we continue to outperform market recovery.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants. Come take off with us!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
U.S. FDA/Center for Devices and Radiological Health
Staff Fellow - Data ScientistData analysis Deep Learning Machine Learning ML ML models Predictive modeling Python +7
Career development Health care Relocation support Transparency
Coupa Software, Inc.
Data ScientistAgile Big Data Engineering Machine Learning ML Model training Python +4
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs