Sr. Data Scientist - Analytics
San Francisco, CA
TwitchTwitch is the world’s leading live streaming platform for gamers and the things we love. Watch and chat now with millions of other fans from around the world
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch.
About the Role:
Data scientists play a central role in Twitch's data-driven decision-making process. As a DS at Twitch, you will shape the way product performance is measured, define critical questions that guide product strategies, and scale analytics methods and tools to support our growing business.
More specifically, Twitch's Community Foundations Analytics team is looking for an experienced DS to help develop new programs aimed at improving viewer experience and unlocking new opportunities for creators. As part of the team, you will help product managers, engineering leads, designers, and executives, make better product decisions faster. You'll recommend and implement metrics to measure user behavior, run experiments to test product hypotheses, and produce insights for your partners. You will report to the CF Analytics Lead.
- Become a domain expert at the product surfaces you support, building trust with your product partners.
- Ensure your product, engineering, and design partners understand and use the insights you produce.
- Translate product and strategy questions into metrics, and collaborate with data engineers to dashboard these metrics.
- Distill ambiguous product or business questions, find clever ways to answer them, and to quantify the uncertainty.
- Mentor junior team members and drive analytics and experimentation best practices throughout the company.
- At least 6 years of experience transforming data into insights and influencing product roadmaps.
- A keen understanding of metrics, their relation to actual user behavior, limitations, and complementarity.
- At least 3 years of experience designing and analyzing AB tests. You have used advanced analysis techniques such as diff-in-diff, two-stage least square, or CUPED. You can explain them clearly to product partners unfamiliar with statistics.
- Great SQL skills, so you can quickly tap into our data sources.
- Experience using Python data libraries like pandas, numpy, or scipy.
- Excellent writing skills. Twitch communicates mostly through reports, not much via slides.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art statistical methods such as structural equation modeling, GLM, time series forecasting, bayesian inference, etc. When to use them, and when not to.
- Curiosity about new experiment analysis techniques developed in academia and the industry.
- Familiarity with Tableau
- Active Twitch viewer or creator
- 7 Wonders player (Our team plays every Friday)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs