Senior Data Scientist, GTM Analytics
San Francisco, CA, United States
TwilioWith Twilio, unite communications and strengthen customer relationships across your business – from marketing and sales to customer service and operations.
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Data Scientist, GTM Analytics
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position will help build full-stack custom descriptive, diagnostic and predictive applications to support our Sales organization.
Your work will enable a data-driven approach to measure business performance and providing actionable insights to drive our sales strategy and initiatives by answering the WHY. To be successful in this role you must be a quick learner, resourceful, have proven software development skills, enjoy solving hard problems, work well in a dynamic team environment and thrive on collaboration.
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with Sales leaders and GTM analytics organization to envision, design and build a full-stack application to provide insights into business metrics and key business drivers. Answer the WHAT and WHY.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience with data extraction, data analysis, and data loading from relational databases, preferably in SQL, No-SQL, Big Data, or Web Endpoints such as Snaplogic, Hive, Pig, SSIS, Sqoop etc.
- Experience building Web Endpoints using REST, SOAP, RPC, Streaming etc.
- Experience with Web Data Visualization Applications and Client-Servers such as AJAX
- Experience with Single Page Application Frameworks such as React, Vue, Angular etc.
- Experience with Browser Caching/State management using Redux, Thunk, Context APIs.
- Experience writing Complex SQL Queries.
- Experience with processing technologies such as JSON/XML
- Experience with Logical/Physical Data Modeling, OLTP, OLAP, Normalization, Dimensional Modeling.
- DevOPs experience using CI/CD pipelines for automated deployment.
- Experience in Virtual DOM, Shadow DOM, Templates, Custom Components for building reusable components.
- Experience with Graphics Java Swings/OpenGL Libraries
- Multi Language experience in C/C++, Python or similar object oriented programming languages
- Experience building optimized Data Transfer solutions using REST/RPC endpoints and their documentation(JavaDoc, Jsdoc, Docstrings, Swagger etc)
This role will be based in our San Francisco, CA or Mountain View, CA offices
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs