Who we are:
We are a group of Machine Learning Researchers and Engineers, working to help Twitter demonstrate ML through a range of systems such as recommendations, safety, abuse, content understanding, ads and more. We operate at scale whilst ensuring fair and ethical use of our models and data.
We partner with product teams to improve our products, unlock new capabilities, make real-world impact, and advance the state-of-the-art in advance the highest innovative technologies in ML.
What you will do:
Apply your research expertise to improve our ML driven products, help us develop new solutions and unlock new directions, as well as analyze and improve the systems we already have. You’ll work closely with product teams and ML researchers and engineers and mentor them on standard methodologies for modern ML, and keep the wider team informed on the state-of-the-art as well as alternative directions to take. You will lead research projects to enable Twitter to better bring to bear ML on its platforms and advance the state-of-the-art in ML. You will be collaborating on strategic decisions and future roadmaps for Machine Learning driven products and technologies at Twitter. Your impact will directly affect millions of Twitter users around the globe.
Who you are:
You have broad knowledge of machine learning and have deep domain expertise in a meaningful application area – e.g. NLP, Computer Vision, Relational or Graph ML and have a strong track record of publications in top-level venues. You drive advances in the field. You are passionate about applying your skills to tackle problems and drive real-world impact. You are a recognised authority in your field and your colleagues seek your advice and mentorship. You have established reputation in the research community and are often sought as invited speaker. You enthusiastically identify problems, opportunities, and strive to formulate machine learning problems and then drive research to address them. You have excellent interpersonal skills with partners and the experience to guide and mentor others.
Skills and Experience
- PhD in Computer Science or similar field
- 10 years of experience with subject expertise in ML, with a focus on NLP or Deep Learning, graph, etc.)
- 3+ years of independent research career, e.g. as faculty in a university or senior researcher in the industry
- Ability to inspire, influence and mentor people around you.
- Ability to engage with a variety of audiences up to and including the executive level.
- Strong theoretical grounding in core machine learning concepts and techniques
- Evidence of independence, originality and creativity in research
- Excellent publication record in top conferences such as ICLR, NeurIPS, ICML, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, etc
- Recognition in the research community, as evidenced by e.g. invited keynote talks, programme committee or editorial board membership
Nice to haves:
- Experience as an academic faculty
- Experience in an industrial research lab or a startup
- Experience with student supervision (and ideally successful graduates in the industry/academia)
- Experience with large-scale systems and data, e.g. Hadoop, distributed systems
- Experience with one or more of the following: Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Recommender Systems, Optimization, Graphs (especially large scale, Probabilistic Inference (e.g. Bayesian), Online Learning, Representation learning, Reinforcement Learning, Few-shot learning, meta-learning, self-supervised learning, Counterfactual or Causal Machine Learning, Algorithmic Fairness.
To apply for this job please visit careers.twitter.com.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂