Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that’s focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
In your role you will drive the conception and implementation of our algorithms that extract information out from the diverse data sources present across our complete product portfolio by creating state-of-the-art software solutions for the next generation of ZEISS products. As the software expert for our agile team, you are responsible for implementing, optimizing and continuously improving our algorithms software stack. You have a proven track record of delivering high-quality production code to help us to drive targeted data analysis of our products. You will be involved in all aspects of the development cycle, including definition, architecture, design, implementation, testing, automation and deployment. In addition, you will also set new standards for the growth of our engineering and application expertise and support the business groups along the process of ongoing technology advancement and integration.
- a M.Sc. or a PhD in Computer Science or equivalent with specialization in Software Engineering, Computer Vision or Machine Learning or equivalent practical experience
- a strong programming background in Python and C++ and familiar with a version control based development processes (such as git)
- you know and can handle auxiliary libraries such as numpy, boost, OpenCV, and ITK
- a deep understanding of object-oriented and modular software architecture and design, knowledge of new technologies e.g. containerization (such as docker), orchestration and high-performance computing (such as kubernetes)
- applied knowledge in algorithm parallelization techniques (CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP) and ideally familiar with Computer Vision / Deep Learning frameworks (such as Tensorflow or pytorch)
- an innovative, proactive and decidedly hands-on mindset: you love to work on challenging problems
- the ability to communicate your results, challenges and solution successfully across a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your work. We care about our employees and take particular responsibility for improving society and preserving our environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at ZEISS for over 170 years.
Help us shape the future!
The application process takes less than 10 minutes, we look forward to receiving your application.