This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of voice interaction at Dyson. Working within a small team you will be responsible for building the software framework to enable rapid prototyping and development of voice control and dialogue systems. Your goal will be to implement the functionality of the latest API’s for Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) across embedded and cloud platforms. You will use your deep understanding and experience to determine the software and hardware architecture for voice control applications on our next generation products.
- Develop a software framework to enable a unified approach to rapid prototyping of voice control solutions across embedded and cloud platforms
- Support the team in the design, development, and deployment of novel machine learning algorithms to enhance functionality of existing tools
- Use your deep technical understanding to drive product specifications and shape hardware and software design
- Identify areas for opportunity and invent and implement novel technologies to enhance functionality and improve capabilities
- Analyse results, write reports and conduct presentations to other engineers across the business, senior managers and company directors
- Collaborate with external partners and universities to stay abreast of the latest technology trends and developments to accelerate our internal capabilities across a variety of technical areas
- Doctoral degree or Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics; or Bachelor’s degree with significant experience.
- Demonstrable industrial experience developing production quality programs across a range of platforms, ideally with some embedded experience. (Particularly C/C++, Python)
- Experience with audio processing, or real time, time critical, Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- An understanding of modern machine learning techniques and deep learning frameworks, as well as their implementation and deployment in stand-alone systems.
- A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
- The ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
To apply for this job please visit careers.dyson.com.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂