Would you like to tackle some of the most interesting problems in Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Translation (MT) applied to E-commerce?
Our Data Science team at Expedia Group in Geneva is looking for a Senior Scientist with NLP or MT expertise to contribute shaping and developing innovative translation systems that will remove language barriers on our platform and serve our customers and partners.
You will work within a dedicated team of Data Scientists and Software Engineers to develop novel Machine Translation technologies that will directly impact multiple products of the platform. You will use state-of-the-art deep learning techniques, leverage internal and external data and benefit from large-scale computing resources. You will stay up-to-date with the latest research in machine translation and contribute to improve translation models and adapt them to the business needs.
We are looking for candidates with excellent machine learning and coding skills and, ideally, research experience in the field of natural language processing. Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a strong capacity to communicate findings to teammates and business partners as well as to prioritize workload effectively. They should be comfortable working within an interdisciplinary team and in a dynamic environment.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the design and development of automated machine translation pipelines.
- Collect and preprocess large volumes of text from different sources
- Develop, evaluate, and iteratively improve algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and deep learning models.
- Collaborate with business partners, program management, and engineering teams to deliver scalable solutions that meet business needs and have functional feasibility and robustness
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner to your peers and business partners
- Keep abreast of the latest scientific developments and coach the team on them
Who you are:
- MSc or PhD (preferred) in NLP, Machine Learning or other relevant quantitative fields
- Hands-on experience building natural language processing models, preferably in the fields of natural language understanding and/or machine translation.
- 3+ years of development experience in Python or other high-level programming languages (e.g. Java, Scala)
- Active with a strong sense of ownership, a responsive and flexible style.
- Strong communication skills.
- 2+ years Post-doc or industry experience in NLP and/or MT
- Experience using some deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras)
- Publications in NLP and ML conferences and journals
Relocation (Y/N): Y
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
To apply for this job please visit expedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂