Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Are you interested to work for a large multinational that puts people first and where showing your humanity is truly valued? Manulife has a strong culture of transparent communication and teamwork, with empowerment and working flexibility embedded in our culture.
We fully embrace open source and AI technology. Manulife believes great ideas can come from anywhere and anyone, we are looking for talented technologists who want to use their passion and interests to work with other passionate and diverse individuals to help us become a digital customer leader. Our employees are able to develop their career and skill set to executive levels without stepping away from the frontline of technological innovation through our IT Careers Framework, Manulife University and Pluralsight, our technology skills platform.
Manulife is also committed to adopting Agile as a mindset across our businesses. If new ways of working with beer and pizza fueled hackathons, an innovative approach to problem solving, change, process, system improvement and continuous learning excite you, then please do get in touch.
It’s also important to note that we welcome IT talents with a non IT background, even a degree is not a must have, if you’re excited by the proposition and you think you’ve got what it takes – follow the link!
• Create standardized data engineering frameworks for data integration – ELT/ETL programs , design, plan and handle platform upgrade activities for
our Enterprise Data Lake platform for Asia Data Office
• Builds, codes, tests, maintain high quality software by working closely with QA team and country stakeholders
• Perform POCs and generate valuable results together with new big data technologies based on team’s strategies.
• Participates in Agile sprints and ceremonies; supports rapid iteration and development
• Translates user requirements into software requirements
• Develops, maintains, and tests data pipelines, application framework, infrastructure for data generation; works closely with information architects and Data Scientists
• Experience initializing and managing cloud platforms: AWS, Azure etc
• Builds code to specifications and standards
• Builds and codes moderately complex software
• Minimal time coaching teammates
• Contributes code across BUs
• Has positive impact to specific organizational entities & has some understanding of the nature of the impact
• Usually a top contributor to team’s success
• Designs and implements data architectures in production environments
• Implements data orchestration pipelines, data sourcing, cleansing, augmentation and quality control processes
• Translates business needs into data architecture solutions
• Contributes to overall solution, integration and enterprise architectures
• Develops data landscape modernization architectures and roadmaps
• Deploys machine learning models in production
• Hands on Big data engineering skills i.e Apache Nifi, Hive, Hbase, Hdfs and data streaming tools including kafka, Spark…etc
• Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
• Familiar with platform technologies i.e HDP, HDF or any big data platform equivalent
• Understanding of software development lifecycle
• Understanding of how technology supports Manulife business strategy
• Familiar with modern software architectures and API-driven development
• Familiar with traditional database technologies such as: Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, Hadoop, Spark
• Familiar with technologies such as: Cloudera, Nifi, Hbase, Hive..etc
• Demonstrates all core skills, and good interpersonal skills for the role
• Good working and background knowledge of area of practice
• Use and combine knowledge of the discipline and the market to formulate the right approach
• Participates in functional demos utilizing new tech; designs own control structures
• Fit for purpose, though may lack refinement
• Sees actions partly in terms of longer-term goals
• Understands the corporate climate & culture
• Strong knowledge of the business
• Understanding of relational and warehousing database technology working with at least one of the major databases platforms (e.g., Oracle, SQLServer, Teradata, MySQL, or Postgres)
• Practical experience with big data processing frameworks and techniques such as HDFS, MapReduce, Storage formats (Avro, Parquet), Stream processing, etc.
• Solid working knowledge of data processing tools using SQL, Spark, Python or similar open source and commercial technologies
• Knowledge of Spark, Java/Scala especially in relation to big data open source software preferred; knowledge of NiFi
• Knowledge of NoSQL (HBase, MongoDB) databases preferred
• Experience with integrating to back-end/legacy environments
• Knowledge and familiarity with machine learning models application and production pipelines
• BSc in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information System, Mathematics or equivalent quantitative field preferred
• Collaborative attitude, willingness to work with team members; able to coach, participate in code reviews, share skills and methods
• Constantly learns from both success and failure
• Good organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
• Good verbal and written communication; able to effectively articulate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes
• Experiments with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next.
• Able to achieve most tasks using own judgement
• Can lead smaller groups where required
• Drives 50% of the time in paired programming
• Good analytical skills, copes with complex situations through deliberate analysis and planning
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of December 31, 2018, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$794 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.0 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.manulife.com.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂