The Auto-Identification team is a divisional Competence Center. It provides a maintained portfolio of standardized and validated auto identification devices (Hardware & Software) enabling each sample, reagent and disposable in any of diagnostic instruments and solutions to be identified securely, reliably, and consistently. Our consulting services and devices allow fast integration and maintenance of auto-identification functionality in diagnostic instruments.
As a Senior Engineer in the Auto-Identification team you will lead technical projects following defined processes, managing customer expectations and delivering on time and budget based on the agreed scope. You will be spending your time in three domains: industrial vision projects, developing and maintaining software applications, and on barcode related projects.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Development of industrial vision solution, including concepts, technical limitations assessment, and joint solution development with suppliers
- Maintenance and creation of software applications in relation to RFID-hardware and security related RFID-functionality (cryptography, encryption key management, hardware related software components)
- Work in relation to barcode identification: Creation of identification concepts for new instruments, SW components for barcode-reader hardware.
- Management of product care projects through efficient troubleshooting, analysis of workarounds and implementation of long-term solutions.
- Keep up to date with norms and standards in the field of industrial image processing and evaluate the impact of ongoing changes for Roche.
- Assess technology maturity in machine vision technologies, as well as the impacts of alternatives solutions
For this position you will bring the following qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong C++ skills, Linux OS and driver module development experience
- Experience in full software development lifecycle
- Good knowledge of Industrial Vision (hardware and software applications), signal processing, practical machine learning experience is an advantage
- Experience working within a regulated environment is a plus
- Knowledge of barcode technology is a plus
- Ability to do self-directed activities and work with minimal supervision in a collaborative environment
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
To apply for this job please visit www.roche.com.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂