Elastic is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Grab, Goldman Sachs, ING, Microsoft, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
The Elastic Security Data Engineering team designs, builds, and runs data processing pipelines that synthesize security data from a broad set of sources and deliver innovative detection capabilities that power our security products. We are looking for a Data Engineer to craft stream data processing and machine learning systems powering security products that dynamically adapt to changing threats. You will collaborate with the broader Elastic Security team, a diverse set of security researchers, data scientists, and engineers who lend domain expertise to work with you to solve creative security problems and deliver fantastic user experiences.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work as part of the Security Protections team at Elastic with other data engineers, data scientists, and security researchers
- Improve and expand our security data pipeline across all aspects of software telemetry, data ingest, storage, real-time and batch analytics, machine learning, and data-powered web services
- Write code in a collaborative environment for new data pipelines and web services
- Operate and improve cloud-hosted big data systems that lead and analyze malware samples and security activity events
- Collaborate with security research engineers and data scientists to measure and improve security protections and ML models
- Collaborate with Elastic Stack software engineers to build multifaceted cloud-based services that deliver a continuously improving user experience
- Advocate for data-powered services and experiences across the Elastic product portfolio
What You Bring Along:
- 2+ years experience programming in Python, OCaml, Go, or equivalent experience in a similar language and ability to learn these languages quickly
- 2+ years experience building, deploying and operating production-quality distributed systems in an environment of continuous integration and delivery
- Proficient managing cloud hosted infrastructure with AWS, GCP, Docker, Terraform, or the ability to learn these tools quickly
- Collaborative attitude with a strong disposition to learn new skills and emerging technologies
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a distributed, fast-paced, and autonomous environment
- Passionate about protecting the world’s data from attack
Desired Experience or Interests:
- Data streaming / database tech, e.g. SQL, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Spark
- Distributed systems / messaging tech, e.g. Kafka, NATS, AWS Lambda
- Functional programming, e.g. OCaml, Haskell
- Training, measuring, and improving ML models
- Endpoint and/or network information security
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.elastic.co.
Please mention you found this job on ai-jobs.net to help us get more companies to post here 🙂